Wednesday, March 4, 2015

INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP AND WRITER'S REBELCREED

Welcome Wednesday, the first Wednesday of March.
The day we share our thoughts with others.
 
The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time.
 
Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh is the founder of IWSG. His awesome co-hosts for the March 4 posting of the IWSG will be Chemist Ken, Suzanne Sapseed, and Shannon Lawrence!
 
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
 
Click here for other blogs to visit.
 
Do you have doubts and fears? Doubts that you'll never sell your first novel. Or if you have published, fears that you'll never sell the next one and the next one? Or when your book comes out everyone that reads your novel will hate it. If not, wonderful. Tell me your secret, because I have doubts and fears.
 
Lately, however, I've decided not to worry whether a publisher wants my new story or not. I've done the best I can. That's all I can do. So, I get busy on another story and another, and remind myself the past is the past. I've submitted the story, no point in worrying about it. The future is uncertain, and I don't know what will happen tomorrow. All I have is today. Today, I choose to write.
 
Enjoy your day.
 
Happy Writing.
 
Today is also Writer's Rebel Creed for me. Let's take a look.
 
 
Awesome Author Sheri Larson started the Writer's Rebel Creed.
Visit Sheri here.
 

I accept my flaws and am working on improving.
I haven't utilized #wordsprint and @writercreed. Must do that.
Yes, I trusted my gut and submitted my story.
I'm reading, reviewing, and hosting authors, and enjoying it very much.
Revising now. Beautiful.
 
Are you a Writer Rebel?
 
Happy Writing.
 

 
 


38 comments:

  1. Right now as I"m starting a new book I have doubts that it will be any good at all, and fears that it will get horrible reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes, Karen. I know the feeling. Just keep telling yourself, "I can do this. My story will be great. My characters are awesome. Readers will love it." Positive thinking. :)

      Delete
  2. If you've done the best you can, that's all you can do. Not in control of anything once it leaves your hands.
    Today is all we have. We should enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Alex. Life's much nicer without worrying about what might or might not happen.

      Delete
  3. Do the best one can and then move on to the next. Hate is a part of the game, never gonna please everyone so don't try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Pat. Sometimes I don't even please me. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, I think you know my doubts too well! I won't burden you again with them - today. ;) Sometimes our books don't find the home we think we want, but I feel pretty darned sure your book will find a home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you're welcome to share your doubts with me anytime, Kai. :) I hope you're right.

      Delete
  5. This is a great site to write on , I enjoy writing purely for pleasure but over the past years had enough poems for three books. May start another in the future,
    when my life is more settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should write for our own enjoyment, Yvonne. I do. It's nice to see our stories/poems published too. Good luck with a new book if you decide to write one. I think you should. :)

      Delete
  6. I love your attitude, Beverly. In the end all that matters is we lived the best life we could. We were there for each other, and we lived in the moment. Wonderful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joylene. Life's too short not to do the things we enjoy. It's wonderful how supportive writers are of each other. I treasure each of my writer friends.

      Delete
  7. "Today, I choose to write." Something we should be saying every day.

    God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, M. R. R. We make the choice. I can't imagine not writing, even when it's not turning out the way we want it to. Keep trying :)

      Delete
  8. I just saw Stephen King post about a short story he had published somewhere and, the next day, he commented that people seemed to like it. If he's still stressing about it after all this time, I have a feeling there's no hope that ANY of us will ever get past that phase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Stephen King, one of my favorites, still has insecurities, we're in good company, Stephanie. :) That should be encouraging.

      Delete
  9. I scanned the comments first but no one seemed to have the secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. If you discover the secret, L. Diane, please share, since we're all clueless.

      Delete
  10. Damn straight I'm a writer rebel! I don't follow any of the rules. i write my story, then try to figure out what the heck genre it falls into after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for you, Stephen. It's your story. You can write it the way you want. Go where no man has gone before.

      Delete
  11. Publishing-wise, I know I do the best since I submit endlessly. Even while I'm waiting and getting rejections, I keep writing. My big thing is marketing, because I feel like I can do more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marketing is a tough one, Medeia. One of the hard things to do. Keep submitting. :)

      Delete
  12. You nailed it. People may buy your book, they may not. And you can worry and stress and have doubts and fears the entire journey. Or, you can shove them in a closet and continue to write and grow and learn. Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, author. I think we have to write because we enjoy it and let our love for our work spill over to others. Hopefully. :) Thanks. ( I like "shove them in a closet.")

      Delete
  13. I love, love, love your approach to writing not worrying. Do the best you can and just keep going. I love this so much I'm going to quote you and celebrate your point of view on my tomorrow's "Celebrate" hop because you're 100% right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Yay! Yay! Thank you, Lexa. I'll be there first thing tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  14. The next book is all that matters...better and better than the last. I love your attitude. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Editors. Keep writing. Keep improving. And have fun. Thanks.

      Delete
  15. I have doubts that anyone will enjoy the way I write enough to buy my books. Since I haven't finished a book yet, I don't have to worry too much about this yet. But one day I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, Chemist Ken. You have to think positive. Some people may not care for your writing, but others will. There are all kinds of readers out there. They will find you. Don't worry. Good things come to those who wait. (Somebody said that.)

      Delete
  16. Choosing to just keep on writing is the best thing we can do to move past those insecurities and not allow them to prey on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Shannon. Stay busy and we don't have time to be insecure. :)

      Delete
  17. I wish there was a way to push aside permanently all those doubts and fears. I love your positive attitude. Live for today and keep on writing. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice, loril, but those insecurities sometimes sneak in when we aren't looking. Then we have to push them away and remind ourselves that we don't have time to listen to that nonsense. We can do what we set out to do. :)

      Delete
  18. Great attitude, thanks for sharing....and also for joining my blog :) Really like the term Writer's Rebel Badge....gotta check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I'm happy to "meet" you. Go for it, Writer Rebel. :)

      Delete
  19. I see your book on the book shelves everywhere. Wow, and they're selling so fast the publisher, etc. can't keep up with the demand. Amp up your vision and see it happen. Congratulations. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so exciting, isn't it, Feather, to see Kelly's successes. She is amazing.

      Delete