Friday, February 27, 2015

NICK'S INTRVIEW WITH KAI

Friday Fun!
The weekend to look forward to.
Did you know that yesterday was "Tell a Fairy Tale Day?" It was.
 
Feb. 26th is a day that Fairy Tales are made of. Since I didn't post yesterday, I wanted to do it today. This is a great opportunity to read to your kids. If the kids aren't around, read to yourself.
 
To qualify as a fairy tale, a story does not have to begin with "Once upon a time." It is a requirement that the story has a happy ending. There's nothing better than a good story that ends with "and they all lived happily ever after".      

 What is your favorite fairy tale? I can't name just one. Some of my favorites are:

The Princess and the Pea
Sleeping Beauty
Beauty and the Beast
Little Red Riding Hood


Now, this story isn't a fairy tale, but if you have a chance today, stop by Kai Strand's blog. She interviews Nick from I LIVE IN A DOGHOUSE. Nick would love for you to stop by and say "Hi." He might even tell you why he lives in a doghouse sometimes.



Have a great weekend.

Happy Reading!

16 comments:

  1. I didn't know that, but it was my daughter's birthday so I was a little distracted by that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday to your daughter, Kelly. Such a special occasion.

      Delete
  2. Never knew that either. Read to myself I can do lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ran across the fairy tale thing, Pat. Thought it was neat. Yeah, I read to my cats. :)

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of fairy tale day! Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast are two of my favorite as well. Love fantasy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fairy tales, Karin. I guess because I grew up with them.

      Delete
  4. I loved the interview! I can't think of a fairy tale I'm very fond of. I'm a big fan of kids' Christmas stories though, especially Seuss's "How the Grinch Stile Christmas." Love that Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kai does great interviews, Lexa. Grinch is the best. Have you heard that someone found a manuscript by Dr. Seuss and they're going to publish it? Forget the title and who found it. (Short memory)

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday to the birthday girl. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like such a fun book! My favorite fairy tale? Perhaps Cinderella? Mostly because I loved it so much as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Cinderella too. Most of the fairy tales are sweet.

      Delete
  7. I love fairy tales. I can't pick just one! It also depends on the version of the fairy tale for me. :) Congrats on the interview!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. Kai has such great questions. Yes, the version does make a difference.

      Delete
  8. I didn't know such a day of celebration existed! Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs! Absolutely adore Dopey!

    ReplyDelete