Forthcoming books are fun, right? Especially if they're written by authors we love. Our local newspaper listed some forthcoming books in 2015 that I think sound wonderful.
1. Judy Blume, one of my favorite children's/teen's authors has written a novel for adults. Well, why not? Other children's authors have. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT is scheduled for a June 2, 2015, release.
2. J. K. Rowling is bringing out her 2008 Harvard commencement speech as a book. VERY GOOD LIVES: THE FRINGE BENEFITS OF FAILURE AND THE IMPORTANCE OF IMAGINATION. Little, Brown, April 14th.
3. 2015 is the 150th Anniversary of the end of the Civil War and the assassination of the president, so look for a whole bunch of novels about Lincoln and the war. (Which reminds me, I have a Civil War novel. Must have a contest or something for it. Thinking. Thinking.)
4. Nobel Prize Winning Author Toni Morrison has a new one. GOD HELP THE CHILD, Knopf, April 21.
5. David Duchovny, of the X-Files, has written a barnyard epic titled HOLY COW. FSG, Feb. 3.
Mmm. I don't see any books for children or teens here. I know there are a lot scheduled, but will let the authors mention them.
How about you? Tell us about your forthcoming books.