Wednesday, January 14, 2015

DRESS UP YOUR PET DAY AND I LIVE IN A DOGHOUSE.

Welcome Wednesday!
Did you know that today is Dress Up Your Pet Day?
Well, it is.
 
 
Dress Up Your Pet Day gives you the opportunity to .dress up your pet!
Some pets like to get dressed up. Others, want nothing to do with it. This day is an opportunity to really dress up your pet(s). Make something for them to wear.  Or, go to a pet store and buy an outfit. It's winter, so something warm is best.

National Dress Up Your Pet Day was founded in 2009 by Celebrity Pet Lifestyle Expert and Animal Behaviorist, Colleen Paige, as a fun way to celebrate our beloved pets and to support the pet fashion community.

So, dress up your pet and let us see him/her. My cats were not thrilled with the idea. And I can't catch the deer or birds. This is the only offering I have. Patches, wearing her collar and not very happy about it.




Not exactly an Easter bonnet.







If you have a chance, stop by Melonie Robertson-King's blog today. She's spotlighting my MG novel I LIVE IN A DOGHOUSE.
http://www.melanierobertson-king.com/wp02/?p=8893#comments

 
Sometimes a boy just needs a place to hide, like a doghouse.
 
I think Accident, the dog, would love to be dressed up.
 
Happy Reading!






18 comments:

  1. Oh we hate the cone of shame and clothes get eaten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and the poor baby only had an absessed tooth that needed pulling. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think my cats will let me dress them up, but I've always seen those cute elf hats and Christmas ties/bow ties and wanted to try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Cats are really independent creatures, Chrys. I guess if you don't mind a few scratches, you might put one of those cute hats on your kitty.

      Delete
  3. The cone of shame!
    Your book is on pre-order now? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was one miserable little kitty, Alex. She's okay now.
      Yes, I'm excited about my latest book for middle grade readers. Charlie made a gorgeous cover for it.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the book, Beverly! It sounds like a terrific book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin. It's a fun book, yet also sad. With a happy ending.

      Delete
  5. Nope, I had no idea it was Dress Up Your Pet Day! I hope your cat is OK!

    And congrats! The cover is great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LIz. Yes, the cat's okay. She had an absessed tooth that needed pulling, but we thought she'd been stung by a yellow jacked because she had this bad sore on her face. I love the cover too. :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your new book. We used to have a dachshund and she didn't like having clothes put on her. She'd usually tug at them until we felt sorry for her and took them off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. Poor little dachshund probably wondered what was happening to her. :)

      Delete
  7. No, not the Cone of Misery! Oh, your poor kitty. I hope she recovered quickly. Yes, I'm sure the dog in your book would enjoy dressing up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She did, Lexa, after I took her to a different veterinarian and he said she had an absessed tooth, not an insect bite. Accident's quite a character. He's kind of a hero in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess it's a good thing I missed National Dress Up Your Pet Day, as my guys wouldn't like it if I tried to dress up our dog. Best wishes on your latest book release. Cute cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Susanne. I understand. My sister says her dog looks at her like "you've gotta be kidding" when she puts a sweater on her. Thanks. Charlie did a great job with the cover.

      Delete
  10. I doubt cats would put up with getting dressed up. They are so independent. I've seen some clever outfits for dogs. Love your cover for your new book! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cats wouldn't for sure, J Q. I wonder what the dogs think when they're dressed up. I guess it's good they can't tell us. :) Thanks. I love the cover too.

      Delete