Monday, January 26, 2015

AOLEON: THE MARTIAN GIRL VIRTUAL TOUR

Monday Musings!
Well, I upgraded my cell phone. I got the simplest one they had.
Now I can answer my voice mail. With the old one, I never could.
I guess you can tell by now I'm cell phone challenged.
We'll see how this one works.
 
Today I have the pleasure of hosting Author Brent LeVasseur for the Virtual Tour of his children's novel AOLEON: THE MARTIAN GIRL PART ONE
 


 
Book Description:
Crop circles magically appear in Farmer Johnson’s field. A mysterious light sweeps over the night sky and awakens Farmer Johnson and Gilbert, the boy next door.

Curious, Gilbert ventures out to discover the source of the light and stumbles into a beautiful Martian girl sitting in a crop circle. Farmer Johnson also investigates the strange light, and thinking that Gilbert and Aoléon are vandals, he chases them. But they sprint to Aoléon’s saucer and escape only to be pursued by the U.S. Air Force.

Gilbert has never been attacked by swarms of giant killer robots. Never met strange aliens from other worlds. Never skyboarded across a megalopolis hidden deep inside an extinct volcano. Never trekked across a vast Martian desert. And never been eaten alive by a gigantic slor (well, almost never, unless you count Billy the fat bully at school).

And luckily, he has never ever confronted an evil ruler of Mars bent on conquering the Earth to steal its cows.

Never...until now!

This may be the adventure Gilbert always wished for.

If only he can survive.
 
Book Details:
Book Title: Aoléon The Martian Girl: A Science Fiction and Fantasy Saga - Part 1: First Contact, written and illustrated by Brent LeVasseur
Category:  Middle-Grade,
​94​
 pages
Genre: Science-fiction and Fantasy
Publisher: Aoléon Press
Release date: January 31, 2015
Available for review in:  pdf
Tour dates: Dec and Jan
Content Rating: G


Buy the Book:
Pre-order your copy today!


Buy The Martian Girl Song!

Another World - Single

Featuring Élan Noelle

Download on iTunes




My Review:


Aoléon: The Martian Girl Part One (Review)

By Brent LeVasseur

Lots of kids have dreams. Good dreams. Bad dreams. Scary dreams. Fun dreams. Gilbert Sullivan has dreams too, about giant killer robots that chase him. To add to his troubles, Gilbert’s mother and father fight a lot. He prays for an angel to take him away. And his prayers are answered. Sort of.
Aoléon: The Martian Girl, a novel for middle grade readers by Author Brent LeVasseur, takes the reader on a journey through the universe with, not an angel, but a Martian girl. She’s looking for the perfect spot to make crop circles in the fields when Gilbert spots what he thinks is a star but turns out to be a space ship flown by Aoléon. The reader is soon flying around the planet with the alien. They see floating cows, famous places such as the Arc de Triomphe and other spots, while being chased by U. S. fighter jets.
Aoléon and Gilbert are delightful characters.  To add to the beauty of the book, the author has spread colorful illustrations throughout the story, showing us not only what the characters look like but also giving us a glimpse of outer space as the kids zip through the sky on what possibly is an important mission. I don’t want to give anything away so that’s all I’ll say. Continuous action and lively conversation make for a great story as the reader learns more about the boy and the alien girl.

Aoléon: The Martian Girl would make a great addition to school classrooms and libraries, as well as your public library. This is a nice beginning to a new series.

I was given an ARC of the book for my honest review.

###



 About​ the Author:
Mr. LeVasseur enjoys crafting good stories based on lovable characters designed to translate well to multiple media formats such as books, games, movies, and toys. He lives in New York when he is not commuting between Southern California and Olympus Mons, Mars. His hobbies include writing, 3D animation, musical composition, and intergalactic space travel. He also enjoys various sports such as skiing, running, and exospheric skydiving.

Connect with Brent:   Website  ~  Twitter  ~  Facebook  ~  Aoléon: The Martian Girl 
 
Happy Reading!




10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun mixture of a lot indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book looks cute!
    Glad you can check your messages now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. I actually like this phone. It's simple. :)

      Delete
  3. I immediately wanted to buy one of those hover boards and take off! Looks like a great book for kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like fun, C Lee. Though I'd probably break a leg as clumsy as I am.

      Delete
  4. Intriguing book and terrific review! Glad you've upgraded your cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. I'm liking the phone. I can actually talk on it. Haven't figured out the texting yet. Working on it.

      Delete
  5. I am cell phone challenged too! I don't have one, but I tried two different times to have one just in case I needed it. I had to many problems using it. I am probably one of the only people I know without one- but it is very freeing. :) I hope your learning curve is nice and easy with your new phone.

    This sounds like a delightful book! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only cell phone challenged person, Jess. This one is pretty simple. It's almost like a regular phone. With a few extras like the Internet and texting which I probably won't use a lot.

      Delete