Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tumbleweed Christmas and Stocking Stuffers

Welcome Wednesday.
I used to not want to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Now, though, the cold weather and the snow and all the talking about Christmas on TV got me to thinking about Christmas too. Tumbleweed Christmas trees in particular. Did you know that the city of Chandler, Arizona, puts up a big tumbleweed tree every year.
 
 
I hope this works. It shows the tree being put together.
They also have a parade and a lot of other stuff.
Sounds like lots of fun.
If I lived closer I'd take a look.
 
I also have a Tumbleweed Christmas, an early reader that would be a great fit for wee ones' stockings. Come to think of it, what better gifts to put in everyone's stockings than books. Wouldn't you like to find a stocking of books in your house on Christmas morning?
I would.
 
 
The cat in the corner doesn't fit in the stocking, but she was curious about what I was doing.
 
 
Happy Reading


8 comments:

  1. Yes, it's surprising how Christmas is although you still have Thanksgiving. I have been thinking what to do about my grandchildren's presents as they are all well into their teens.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teens are a lot harder to buy for than little ones, aren't they, Nashville? I sometimes just give them money. They always seem to like that. :)

      Delete
  2. Nothing better than a stocking full of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tumbleweed are everywhere - might as well use them.
    I wouldn't recommend trying to fit the cat in the stocking either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Alex. A tumbleweed in the yard gave me the idea for the story.
      And I agree about the cat.

      Delete
  4. Books are great for stockings indeed. Never knew about the tumbleweed christmas tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy receiving books, Pat. I hadn't heard of their celebration until I did some research on tumbleweeds.

      Delete