Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WELCOME WEDNESDAY AND THE DEER

Haha! This wasn't supposed to post until tomorrow. Welcome Wednesday a day early.
The mind is a beautiful thing, except when it quits working.

If you have a chance, stop by Donna McDine's blog and visit with us a bit. We'd love to hear your comments. Thanks.

Guess what greeted me this morning when I looked out my window. My two deer. Yes, my deer. At least I've come to think of them as mine. I put corn out every evening and they eat and hang around, I suppose hoping for more. But I've read where you shouldn't feed them too much, so I limit their treat. Last night they didn't run from me when I went outside. I snapped a couple of pictures, though it was getting dark and I'm still learning how to use my new camera.

These are white tail.
Now if I could just convince them to stay in our pasture for the next few months, they'd be safe. Fences don't hold the deer. They leap over as though nothing is there.
 
What's happening in your world?
 
Happy Reading.
 


8 comments:

  1. Like a stray cat - you feed them, and they will be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they learn, Alex. My two cats were strays once upon a time. I couldn't let them starve. Now they live in the house and eat the best cat food.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So do I, Beth. They're such fun to watch. Have tons of pictures. Those this morning felt so good. They were running and leaping and having a great time.

      Delete
  3. They know where to fill their belly, awesome shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, Pat. And I buy the apple flavored corn, of course. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Super cute! That's what we used to see out our window all growing up, but here in Florida I'm more likely to see a lizard, tropical bird or tortoise, if I'm lucky. My mom always complained that the deer at her fruit trees.

    Unleashing the Dreamworld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. We have lizards and tortoise too, no tropical birds. The deer fascinate me. I hate deer season which is only a few days away. Yes, deer like fruit. I buy the apple flavored corn. Spoil em. Yep.

      Delete