Monday, October 13, 2014

SHARP WRIT BOOK AWARDS

Monday Musings.
How was your weekend?
I spent most of Saturday at our local library. They had their annual Craft Show
with all sorts of homemade gifts. I, of course, had my books. The day was rainy looking,
though it never rained. It may have kept some people home. My best seller was my picture book.
I had little stuffed dogs to give the kids (couldn't find stuffed armadillos) and I think giving the
wee ones the animal made them stop at my table and how can a mom or dad turn down
a sweet little child that whispers "I want that book?"
It was fun.
 
My big news this month, along with my MG novel STAR OF THE TEAM being published, is
the award I won. I knew about it last spring, but they just now sent our plaques.
I'm so excited. Take a look. Learn more at the Sharp Writ website.
 
 
Now, you might be wondering why there are two. Or you might not be. I'm going to tell you anyhow.
It's such a fun story and the email I received is priceless. You see, the plaque had a mistake on it, so I'm the winner of two plaques, the correct one and the one with the mistake.
They are very nice people. Someone on Face Book said now I have book ends.
 
The writing world is the place to be. Do you agree?
 
Have a super week.
 
Happy Reading.
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Glad the library event went well.
    Congratulations on the award. Bookends - that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great idea to get them to stop by indeed. Congrats on the two plaques, error free and not haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bribery sometimes helps, Pat. :) Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I commented on your double award in fb! What a great thing to receive two for one. And yes, the writing world is the happening place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you did, C Lee. You're always there for me. The email they sent me was so funny. Really, it's great that it happened this way. Gives me something to talk about. :)

      Delete
  4. thanks for mentioning us (Sharp Writ Book Awards) May we request that you include a back link to our website http://www.bookawards.net ? We finally got a new volunteer team in place (that's why the delay in sending you the trophy) and we are about to launch the 2014-2015 awards, so any backlink support we can get will be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yash. I'm so happy that I want to share your award with my friends. I will add the link to your website. That's a great idea. I should have thought of it. I'll also mention the 2014-2015 awards on all of my sites. Glad to hear the good news. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. CONGRATS on your award(s)! The annual craft show sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susanne. It was fun. Didn't sell a lot of books, but met some nice people.

      Delete