Wednesday, August 6, 2014

IWSG AND WRITER REBEL

It's the first Wednesday in August and you know what that means.
INSECURE WRITER'S SUPPORT GROUP
and
WRITER REBEL CREED
 
 



  
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh.
 
 The awesome co-hosts for the August 6 posting of the IWSG will be Sarah Foster, Joylene Nowell Butler, Lily Eva, and Rhonda Albom!

The Rewards of Being Patient
 
I'm pretty happy right now. Very few complaints. Patience is a wonderful tool to have in our writing accessories. For months I've been waiting for my children's books to come out. For months nothing happened. Remember the old saying (and I have no idea who said it) "Good comes to he/she who waits." Some good has come to my address. One MG story is ready for its debut. (Still no date but it should be soon.) A second MG story has a cover artist and is ready for formatting. I just signed another contract for a third MG story, scheduled for December 2014. And my MG mystery should be out this fall. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to promote them all at the same time.
 
And my YA WIP is headed in a new direction after expert advice from an editor. More about this story later.
 
How is your writing coming along?
 
NEXT, LET'S TALK ABOUT REBELS!
 

 
This is S A Larsen's baby.
 
 
I am committed to
Writing 5 - 6 days a week.
Believing in my abilities most of the time.
Not exactly "fearless" about writing something new but I try.
Revisions are beautiful, revisions are beautiful.
I have a couple of new marketing ideas to try this fall.
I love to give back to my writing community by reviewing books,
doing interviews and guest posts, tweeting, and whatever else comes to mind
to support other writers.
 
Here's PK Hrezo's Induction Day: Book 2 in the Butterman Time Travel Series video.
 



Happy Reading and Viewing.
 
 
 


20 comments:

  1. Sometimes waiting can be a pain, but when things happen makes it all worth the while

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it rains it pours! You'll be steeped in marketing come fall. Let me know how I can help and enjoy the ride.

    I'm currently writing the first draft of a book, but I'll have to remember the "revisions are beautiful, revisions are beautiful" mantra. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Kai. You know how long I've been waiting.

      And I'm reminding myself that revisions are beautiful because I'm doing major ones in my WIP. I need a new title too, cause the club is out.

      Looking forward to the further adventures of Polar.

      Delete
  3. Whoa!!! Possibly four books in less than a year? That is a terrible problem to have. I'd say your patience paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You're right, Alex. These stories have been a long time in the works and a couple have even changed publishers. I'll believe it when I see the finished product.

      Delete
  4. I think you're my new hero! Your attitude is awesome, Beverly. Wish I could find the stamina you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks, Joylene. The older I get the more patience I have, because now I realize I'm not always in control, the way I once believed. :)

      Delete
  5. You're great, Beverly. I always enjoy your upbeat attitude, even during the periods of waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, c lee. Life's too short to go around grumpy all the time. You've had your share of waiting too and you are an inspiration to keep on going. My cats are good listeners when I need to complain. :)

      Delete
  6. When it rains it pours, huh? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or it just sprinkles a little, Kim. :) Nothing is written in stone, but I'm trying to be optimistic. One is already past due and the others are scheduled, so we'll see. It's out of my hands. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Thursday August 7th, 2014

    Dear Beverly,
    Thank you for visiting my IWSG-post about Nicola Morgan's how-to-book. NM writes about patience here on page 40:

    "The patience fairy was otherwise engaged the day my virtues were being allocated. If I want something, I want it now; if I have an idea, I act on it now. Well, impatience is something writers must deal with. The journey from your words hitting the page to your book hitting the shops, and then to your money arriving in your bank account, is frustratingly long and slow."

    By the way, since you are first commenter, you get an extra link back to this blog!

    Cheers!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so right, Anna. I used to be impatient, but with age I've learned it's impossible to speed some things up so I accept it though not always happily.
      An extra link sounds great, Thank you and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on ALL your books' upcoming releases. The idea of all the promotion and marketing falling on you all at once overwhelms me. You are welcome back to the girls succeed blog anytime to promote one or all of them! Talk about a successful writing career. You are enjoying one, I believe! I know you've put in the work and have earned it. So delighted for you. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, J. Q. It overwhelms me too, and there's no guarantee they'll all be out this fall. I've been waiting for over a year on one of them and still have nothing definite except it's edited and has a cover. I'd love to visit your blog again. Maybe we can do trade posts like we did once before. Will keep in touch.

      Delete
  9. FOUR new MG books!! That's fantastic news - I'm so happy for you!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lexa. My fingers are crossed that it happens. They're all scheduled for fall/winter. But ... you know how that goes. One is already a year past the original release date. Maybe this time...

      Delete
  10. Great news about your new manuscripts and upcoming books. Waiting is hard. I'm doing a lot of it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Medeia. Waiting is part of the game, I guess. Hope your wait is short. :)

      Delete