Friday, July 4, 2014

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE!
 
Enjoy the day. My son is cooking on the grill. Granddaughters and great-grands will be here. Others live from coast to coast. The nearby air base is having a fireworks display. A busy day for all. Do you have big plans?
 
Yesterday was one of those days. For three hours I wrote on my historical story. Then I saved to have it for the next day. But .... I had two files open. The one with the earlier version of the story and the one with the revised version. They both have the same title. And, you see this coming, don't you? Yep. I saved the old file and closed the new one. It's now gone into that cyberspace where all dumb mistakes go. I tried restore. I went to Microsoft Website. They only told me what I'd already done. There's no retrieving it. So, guess what? I'll be rewriting it this evening after everyone goes home. At the moment, my mind is a blank, can't recall a word. The day did get better however.
 
Now for my Special Announcement.
 
I have a new contract. Yesssssssssssss. MuseItUp loves my MG story, I LIVE IN A DOGHOUSE. Will add details about the story soon.
 
 
Have a good day. Stay safe. And keep your pets inside the house so the fireworks don't scare them.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!
    Sorry about saving the wrong file. Hopefully when you rewrite it, you do an even better job.
    Have a great Fourth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex. Happy Fourth to you. :) My son said the next time it would be better. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the contract. Oh that sucks a ton, hopefully it will come back to you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. One of those I wish I hadn't done that moments. It's in my brain somewhere. Finding it is another story. :)

      Delete
  3. Because I use an online site (writing.com) and save any new changes into my online document, I don't lose work. However, I was writing a long crit the other day and somehow closed the file and hit "no" when it asked me to save changes. Oops. It took me another 2 hours to rewrite the whole thing. I hope your re-creation doesn't take you too long. Congrats on your new contract!! I'm so excited for you!! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually save often when I'm revising a file. I did save, but the old one instead of the new one. They had the same title. My fingers worked faster than my brain. We'll find out how good my memory is tomorrow when I start the chapter over again. It's chapter 13. Wonder if that means anything? Thanks, Lexa. I'm excited. Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  4. I lost some of a rewrite the other day. I was using a laptop that I barely use and it was going crazy with updates and a restart. It wasn't even saved automatically. It is aggravating to lose work and have to remember exactly what was added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating, Medeia. I hope you got it the way you want it. For some reason, my mind went blank and I could not remember what I'd written, so I started that scene over. Some of the joys of writing. :)

      Delete