It's the first Wednesday in June and time once again for The Insecure Writer's Support Group.
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
This is awesome Alex J. Cavanaugh's great idea.
His awesome co-hosts for the June 4 posting of the IWSG will be C. Lee McKenzie, Tracy Jo, Melanie Schulz, and LG Keltner!
LITTLE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT
As I was trying to decide what to write about today, I realized I have few complaints. Sure, I'm still waiting on books to be published. That's already been discussed. It's out of my hands, so why worry? I'm trying a new process--fast drafting--to see if I can finish a story in a year or less rather than two or three years. I don't know if it will help since I just started, but it seems to be working so far. So, I guess my advice today is enjoy your writing and don't stress out over delays, crummy first drafts, or writing a query letter and synopsis. Did I mention that's also what I'm doing now? Whoever invented the query letter and synopsis is probably laughing at mine at this moment. Well, let them try writing one.
Just kidding. Sort of.
Do you Fast Draft your stories? Does it help?
Let's see how I'm doing on my WRITER'S REBEL CREED
This is S. A. Larsen's idea.
1. Regular writing. Monday through Friday I write at least two hours a day. Sometimes I write on Saturday.
2. Belief in my abilities. Most of the time.
3. Fearless to write something new. I have an idea but it will have to wait.
4. Trust in the beauty of revisions. Oh, yeah. My first drafts are ugly.
5. Better my marketing skills. Working on it.
6. Give back to my writing community. I read and review their books, interview authors, and spotlight their books and cover reveals, as well as Tweeting and Face Booking and Googling.
7. Support other writers. I think that's about the same as #6. Or is it different?
8. Dream Big. Oh, yeah.
Happy Reading and Writing