Friday, April 4, 2014

WRITER'S REBEL CREED 2014

It's time to see how I'm doing with my Writer's Rebel Creed.
This is S. A. Larsen's idea. To see what it's all about, check out her blog.
 
 
Regular Writing: I write  five to six days a week. Sometimes, a whole paragraph or maybe even a page is the result.
 
Belief in My Abilities: That varies. I was feeling pretty down for a while. My work just wasn't progressing. Then  my YA historical novel won an award, and it sure helped bolster my belief in myself.
 
Be Fearless to Write Something New: Haha! I'm not sure whether I'm fearless or crazy, but I've started two new stories and keep jotting down notes on another idea when this quiet voice whispered in my ear. I think what he told me is important; I'm not sure how yet.
 
Trust in the Beauty of Revisions: Let me see. I'm almost finished with revisions on the story I've been working on since 2010. The beauty of this is I hope, hope, hope the manuscript will be ready to go this time.
 
Better my Marketing Skills: Really need to work on this one.
 
Give Back to my Writing Community: I try to answer blog posts and comments on Face Book. Twitter still confuses me, but I'm learning. One goal is to get more involved in SCBWI.
 
Support Other Writers: I've reviewed a few books this past month and have several more lined up to read, and I enjoy doing cover reveals, book blasts, and tours.
 
Have a super weekend.
 

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award win. haha a whole paragraph you say, well it is better than no paragraph at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat. Yes, sometimes the words are slow making their appearance. That's why it takes me forever to write a story. :)

      Delete
  2. Three stories at once? Wow! Impressive!

    Congrats on the award! Much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. However, I'd probably get more done by concentrating on one. My brain objects, though.

      Delete
  3. I have that Creed on my blog, too. Helps a lot! It must be doing the trick for you, too, Beverly! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does help to keep me focused, C Lee. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Love this idea--I will have to look into it further. I do some work for my writing almost daily--I alternate writing cycles and editing cycles... sometimes it is just blogging, but usually there is some productive work. Far easier to keep at it than to start again after a stop. The marketing piece is the end I have trouble with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alternating cycles is a good idea, Hart. I like variety too and think a break from one subject to another keeps me alert. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I would give you an A plus on supporting other writers. I'm with you. I post inspirational thoughts on twitter & retweet things about authors I like or quotes I like, but I don't really understand it. Actually, I don't understand most of this online stuff, but gotta try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're too kind, Janet. :) I understand. The Internet is overwhelming at times. What happened to a simple typewriter? I have almost finished reading your devotional book and hope to review it soon. It's great.

      Delete
  6. No one's perfect, but I think you're as close as humanly possible on what you've accomplished for the Creed. Be proud of yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely compliment, Lexa. Thank you. Now I've got to live up to your belief in me. Will do my best. :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing your strengths and weaknesses! The info. you shared encouraged me as an author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Dani. So nice to hear from you. I think you're doing a marvelous job with your writing and ministry. Keep up the good work. If I can ever help, let me know.

      Delete
  8. Awesome update on how you are doing with the Writer's Creed. :) It sounds like you are making a lot of progress- and you are making progress across the board. Congrats on the award for your YA HF- glad it gave you a much needed bolster. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. I'm trying. Yes, it is nice to feel like I'm doing something right. :)

      Delete