Thursday, March 20, 2014

WELCOME SPRING!

Yes! Today is the first day of spring. I am so ready. The wind is blowing, typical for North Texas. The sun is shining. A nice day.
 
 
These are bluebonnets from a few years ago. We won't have any this year. No rain.
 
 
The hummingbirds haven't returned yet. Again, this is a sweetie from the past. I hope to put up my feeders this weekend and be prepared for our little visitors.
 
 
No paintbrush either. I live in hope that a few brave seeds will find their way to the surface.
 
 
I'm also watching for the butterflies to return.
And rain, rain, rain, I pray.
 
So, how is your first day of spring?
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Our first day of spring looks nothing like that, rain, more rain and soon snow. Blah lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter just won't go away in some areas, Pat. We could use the rain. Our pond has been dry for three years. We're in water conservation stages and if we use more than we're allowed the city fines us. Some day the rains will fall for us too. :)

      Delete
  2. Your first pic made me thing of the song Blue Bonnet. It says they will return again to Texas in the spring. So keep your hopes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will return, Janet. It's just a matter of rain and when.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful to see your pictures of past springs. I love to see the animals and plants emerging. I hope you get the much needed rain! :) Spring started off great here last week- but now they are predicting two days of snow this week. I hope spring is here to stay and doesn't let winter back in!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. The weather is crazy. Fickle spring. Can't make up its mind. They say March in like a lion, out like a lamb, so fingers crossed spring will stick around for you going into April. :)

      Delete