Monday, February 17, 2014

SPOTLIGHT ON JAMES J. CROFOOT


My guest this Monday is the fabulous James J. Crofoot with his latest YA novel
CONTINUING JOURNEYS OF A DIFFERENT NECROMANCER.
 
 
Ohhh! Look at those teeth. A cover that sure gets your attention.
 
 
Blurb
 
Thomas now views his magic as less than good, but he must raise one more army. This one not of his creation though. For the first time he learns fear of the undead. More than ever, he longs to see the waters of the great sea to the west. Will he find peace there? Will Christina and he find a home with the people of the shores? Maybe. But, maybe he'll have to fight magic darker than his own to keep his new home.
 
Maybe he'll have to fight magic so dark that even a half demon witch fears it and must help.
 
Visit My website or like me on twitter
 
 
@crofoot626_j
 
 
review snippets
 
 
The Continuing Journeys of a Different Necromancer.
 
I liked his personality, and his own inner struggle, along with his struggle with the dark magic threatening him, was entertaining to read about. Majanka, "I Heart Reading"
 
"…recommended for fans of magical adventure with a darker story than most." Sam Highett Amazon reviewer.
 
Available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble as well as MuseItUp Publishing in Nook and Kindle
 
 

 
 

About James

I started my life of traveling when I was born in Wurzburg, Germany. I was born to U.S. citizens abroad.
Since then, I’ve seen a couple different continents.
Playing sailor for a time in the U.S. Navy, I saw the bottoms of a couple oceans through water so clear and blue you would swear you could reach out and touch the sea beds. In the skies at night I saw the milky way as a strip of white across the sky and realized how easy it would be to fall in love with the being at sea.
I’ve climbed and stood on the top of a mountain or two, in the Rockies and Apalecians, and gazed in wonder at the sight stretching before me.
In my travelling I even managed to obtain a couple degrees, in business and Electronics.
Through it all though, My first love has always been writing. Placing words upon paper and screen. I have so many stories to tell, I really hope you’ll join me. If you like what you read, leave me a reply, and maybe join me on facebook.

###
Happy Reading.


14 comments:

  1. I love the cover, since I love horror, and think the book sounds good. Although the blurb is vague, I get the impression this is a sequel to another book. Wishing James much success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Lexa. It is the second book in a series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James:

    This sounds really intriguing. I can't wait to read this series.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your travel stories, James. You painted a great picture. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by everybody, and thanks for having here, Beverly. A reviewer talked me into doing one more book in this series, so there's more to come. (hopefully this will be the best) peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, that is a scary face on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping bym Mary, Helena, and Kelly. Your nice comments are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My pleasure, James. How exciting that a reviewer wants more of your series. That's quite a compliment. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is definitely an eye catcher!
    I enjoyed reading about your beautiful travel experiences, I'm sure it contributed a lot to your stories.
    Best of success!
    Loren

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound like James has fun traveling, Loren. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is definitely spooky! Awesome that James has had the chance to do so much traveling. Wishing him the best of luck with this series. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the cover spooked me. Thanks for stopping by, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one scary cover! And I like the author photo. Does he literally have pen in hand? :)

    ReplyDelete