Friday, February 14, 2014

MEET KATIE L. CARROLL AND ELIXIR BOUND

It's Fun Friday.
It's also Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine. Easy on the chocolates. 

I have a new book to tell you about. ELIXIR BOUND by Katie L. Carroll.

 
I fell in love with this cover the minute I saw it and knew I had to read this girl's story. I'm so happy I did.  Here's my review.
 
 

For years, perhaps for centuries, the quest to live forever has driven men to search for a magic potion that will grant them eternal life. Some of them will do most anything to achieve their goal. But what if they do find such a potion or medicine? Will it bring them happiness or problems?

Author Katie L. Carroll’s YA fantasy novel, ELIXIR BOUND, is the story of Katora Kase and her family who are in charge of protecting a magic Elixir that some believe will make them live forever. Katora is a prime year woman and soon it will be her duty to take over the family’s farm which also puts her in charge of the Elixir. Since they’re almost out of the Elixir, Katora will lead an expedition to retrieve more nectar for the Elixir. On their quest to do so, Katora and those that go with her face more danger than she ever imagined.

Katie L. Carroll uses vivid language to describe the journey through Faway Forest. I could picture the creatures that would have made me stop and run home, forgetting about the Elixir. The characters, especially Katora, are not always brave. They try to be, but have their doubts and sometimes question if they’re doing the right thing, like real people do.  And until the very end I wasn’t sure how the story would turn out. If you enjoy a good fantasy with likeable characters that make you care for them and a situation that could be fatal for them, then pick up a copy of ELIXIR BOUND. You’ll be happy you did. 

###  
And other stores
Happy Reading!
 
 
 

 
 

13 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to find this wonderful review of my book. Thanks, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is really good, Katie. I enjoyed meeting your characters and following them in their adventures. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about this cover. It's beautiful! I love the font and the glow effect. The premise sounds good. Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Sheri. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Katie from the Blueboards, and I'm delighted to see her book here. Yay for the great review, Beverley, and best wishes on this book and your following one, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had the pleasure of meeting Katie at the SCBWI Pocono Retreat a few years ago. She's a sweetheart. Wishing her all the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, SA, Lexa, and Kelly! Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting premise, and the possibility of living forever is both attractive and dreadful. Which makes for an interesting conundrum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You mention the Blueboards, Lexa. I haven't been there in ages. Must check to see what's happening. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always fun to meet other writes, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Catherine. That's part of the problem in the book. Is it the right thing to do? Yikes. Tough decision.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover certainly got my attention, Beth. The story inside is a good one.

    ReplyDelete