Monday, January 13, 2014

S A LARSEN'S WRITER'S REBEL CREED 2014

Welcome Monday. We're having lovely spring like weather, a vast change from the freezing temperatures of a few days ago. Tiger and I enjoyed a nice walk yesterday, around the pond (which is dry) and through the skeletons of mesquite trees. Tiger is my cat, but he thinks he's a dog sometimes and loves to go walking with me.

This new year I've joined S A Larsen's Writer's Rebel Creed 2014. I really like the part that says DREAM BIG, which is what we all should do, right? If you're interested in joining, here's a link to S A's blog that explains what the creed is. S A Larsen

 
Here is my monthly post related to how I'm following the creed.
 
1. So far, I've written every day of the week except Sunday, which is my day off.
2. I'm trying to believe in my abilities. Need to work on that one.
3. I have started a new story that I've been putting off for months. The creed convinced me I should.
4. Without revisions my work would not be the best it could be.
5. Still working on new ways to market my work.
6. I'm setting up guest posts and interviews to help other writers showcase their works.
7. I'm tweeting and face booking and good reading about writers books. (I don't know if these words are proper grammar but you get the idea.)
 
So, what are you doing? Join the Creed and let us know.
 
Happy Reading.
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Good for you, Alex. I'm hoping it will inspire me this year. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm participating too. I didn't specifically post about it, but I'm upholding my goal to find time to write while I'm working on client edits. I'm also continuing to help other author, which is something I love to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do so much for other writers, Kelly, along with your editing and your child. I do not know how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Beverly. You are doing lots of great things. I like your blog header. I'm signed up and I'll be posting the last day of each month to share what I've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, Susanne. I think it's a great idea to let us see how well we're keeping our goals. :)

    I'm so computer challenged, but I decided to add the picture to the heading and finally figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote 20 pages at my residency (the first words I've written since October) then learned I'd be working on another book for class,so that baby got shelved. I did self edits on Perfect Harmony and agent edits for Finding Hope. And I'll always promote other writers who ask ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're starting the new year off with what sounds like exciting projects, Beth. Good luck to you and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for mentioning this, Beverly! I just joined up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you, Jen. I think it will be a good reminder. Sometimes my brain needs a gentle jolt to get back on track. :)

    ReplyDelete