Friday, January 3, 2014

FUN FRIDAY THE MOVIES

Another week has flown by and we're in a New Year. May 2014 bring each of you happiness and dreams come true. We've already had two birthdays this year, Jan. 2 and Jan. 3. A good beginning.

During the holidays my family took me to the big screen movies to see Catching Fire. Now, this may not seem like a big deal to you, but I haven't been to the movies in, well, I don't remember the last time. I usually buy the DVD and watch it at home.

I did not realize what I was missing. Quite different than watching a movie on TV. Larger than life-size characters. Action that put me right in the scene (like a good book). Sound that I could hear without my hearing aids. Wow! I may have to make it a habit of attending the movies this new year.

 
What have you done for fun lately?

6 comments:

  1. My husband, daughter, and I went to see Frozen. We don't go to the movie theater often, but we do enjoy it every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment, an Italian satellite channel is running a marathon of the Star Wars movies. It's been a long time since I saw the first 3 - they're so cute, especially R2D2 and C3PO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard Frozen is really good. May have to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I bet that's fun. Those are great movies. Yes, those little robots are neat. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friday night is date night for us, and we almost always see a movie. Finally caught American Hustle last night.
    Now that you know how awesome it is, you should go to more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Date night is so sweet, Alex. Just like when you were kids. Great idea. Yes, I'll have to go to more movies this year.

    ReplyDelete