Friday, December 20, 2013

FUN FRIDAY

I'm painting today and having fun. Awhile back we had a water leak and it ruined part of my floor and stained the walls. My son fixed the floor and now we're painting the walls. They needed a brighter color anyhow. They're now a lovely soft yellow, at least part of them. Some cracks need patching and soon the living and dining areas will be beautiful.

I'm also watching the birds eat the seeds I put out. It's cold today, and they are really hungry. Some of you have seen these pictures; I put them on Face Book. Enjoy.

 
 
 
This is the little guy that flew into the window and I brought him in the house, put him in the cat carrier (I bet he loved that) and waited to see if he'd be okay. When he started climbing the walls of the carrier, trying to escape, I knew he'd survive. Opened the door and out he flew.
 
 
So, what are you doing for fun this Friday?
 
Have a nice weekend.
 
Happy Reading.

10 comments:

  1. Aw, so cute! I hate to see birds fly into my windows. It's so sad when they don't make it after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I have a little graveyard in my flowerbed of the poor babies that didn't survive. I don't know how to stop them. I've put decals on the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable! And cheerful yellow on your walls sounds like it would suit you perfectly. There's no one more cheerful than you, Beverly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! So wonderful that that little guy was able to survive. I can imagine him climbing the cat carrier. :)

    It is such fun to freshen up a room with paint. It feels so new.
    Happy painting!

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that the bird survived. We've had a few birds fly at our windows over the years, but so far they have all survived.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks, Lexa. I had a poster in my classroom when I was teaching that said "If you see someone today without a smile, give them one of yours." I try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Jess, I think the cat smell probably spooked the little guy and he wanted to escape.
    The painting is making me happy because it's so fresh and covers up the water stains from the water leak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great the birds have survived, Susanne. I'm sad when they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing the cardinals. We don't have them here and they are so beautiful

    Here's to a wonderful Christmas, Beverly, and a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks C Lee. The cardinals stay here all winter. I feed them, along with the other birds.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete