Monday, November 11, 2013

PLEASE WELCOME ANTJE HERGT TO MY BLOG TODAY

Do I have a special treat for you this Monday. Do you remember DARINEL DRAGONHUNTER, the fantastic tween fantasy novel I reviewed on October 21st? Yes? I thought you would. The author, Antje Hergt has stopped by to visit with us for a while. If you do not already know her, let me introduce you to Antje, who so kindly answered my nosey umm, my thought-provoking questions. It's all yours, Antje.

 
 
 
 
Antje's bio:
Born and raised in Germany, I came to explore the Canadian Rockies in Canmore, Alberta in 2003. Taking part in the Writing-with-Style Program at the Banff Centre for the Arts in 2007 encouraged me to follow my passion: writing for children. Darinel Dragonhunter is my first novel, which was inspired by my deep love for classic children literature and fairy tales. My thrill for science fiction/fantasy movies and television shows had an outlet in various genre short stories. I am a member of the Alberta Writer’s Guild and graduated from the Justus-Liebig-University in Giessen with a degree in Modern Languages.
Currently, I live in Germany with my snoring cat, Sally, but I miss the magic of the Rocky Mountains. When I am not in Canmore, you can find me in Germany.

 

Now you gotta love that dragon.

 



Hi, Antje. Welcome to my blog. Please tell us about yourself and how you became a writer.

I always loved to read and loose myself in a good story. As a child, I read any adventure story I could get my hands on. In university, I started to write a few German short stories, but I never took my writing seriously until I went to the Banff Centre of the Arts in 2007. It was an amazing course, which opened my eyes to how hard writing a book would be and how much harder to publish it.


When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Lots of things, but mainly a dance and a sea captain on a cruise ship. ;^)


If we peeked inside your closet, what would we see?

Orderly chaos. I believe I have a system, but to others it might not look like that.


Tell us your favorites:
Movie Finding Neverland

Actor David Tennant

Book Too many to list

Singer or Group Herbert Groenemayer


Coffee or tea?
Both. I like English tea (with milk) in the morning to wake me up and a strong coffee in the afternoon (ideally with a piece of cake)


Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter?
I am a fall person. I love the brisk clear air and the soft light an autumn day. It’s the best time to hike and see the colours change, smell the damp earth and listen to the wind wrestle with the trees.


 

If you could choose to live in another time, would you prefer the past or the future?
I’d love to timetravel like Doctor Who in all directions of time, but with a preference to the future.


Are you working on any new books now? Tell us about them.
I have a couple of projects on the go at the moment. Mainly I’m working on the second part of the Darinel Dragonhunter adventures. Darinel and his dragon have to leave Princess Tuskja and her kingdom in order to find a cure.

In addition to the second book, I am working on a series of chapterbooks for Cross-Country Ski and Mystery fans. These books are aimed at younger readers like early beginners.


Where can your fans learn more about you?
Website: http://www.antjehergt.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Antje-Hergt/575750249117033

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AntjeHergt

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7143587.Antje_Hergt



 

Would you like to share anything else with your fans?
 

Thank you all for your support and kind words about my book. I promise to work steadily at the next Darinel adventure.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to visit with us. Stop by anytime.

Pick up your copies of DARINEL DRAGONHUNTER at:

MuseItUpPublishing

Amazon

And other stores where eBooks are sold.

Happy Reading.



 

12 comments:

  1. Great interview! And OMG I looove David Tennant - can't wait for 11/23/13!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antje is a delight to know. Thanks for stopping by Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need tea and coffee every day too, but I'm the opposite. I need coffee first thing (black) and tea in the afternoon. I like green tea with jasmine, passionfruit, and orange. Yum.

    Nice getting to know you, Antje.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I need my coffee to wake up. Tea the rest of the day. Thanks for stopping by, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Aspiring to be a sea captain sounds very exciting. The idea of a series for kids having to do with cross-country skiing is very original too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice interview, sounds like a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cover is wonderful - if I were a tween, I'd snap that up in a second! I'm a fall lover, too. Nice temperatures and pretty foliage. Wishing you huge success with your book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview to you both. And I still love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet kids would love a series like that, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a delightful story, Lynn. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, Lexa. There's just something about a dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So do I, Beth. It sure makes a person, at least this person, want to learn more about the characters.

    ReplyDelete