Monday, August 26, 2013

THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN Review

Quote for the week:  The greatest pleasure of life is love.  Euripides. 

Happy Monday. Today I'd like to share my review of THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN, MG/Tween eBook by Award Winning Author Suzanne de Montigny.



Isn't this a gorgeous cover?

THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN (Review)

By Suzanne de Montigny

 
Long, long ago lived the unicorns and dinosaurs. Then came the fireball hurtling toward earth, and their world would never be the same. Strange creatures that walked on two legs appeared, bringing with them danger and death. Soon the unicorns were in a struggle to survive. Award Winning Author Suzanne de Montigny tells their story in her MG/Tween Fantasy, THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN.
Azaria, unicorn colt, and his father, Polaris, receive a message from Saul the Great Chief asking them to go where the dinosaurs dwell. That’s a scary request because the dinosaurs are huge animals and dangerous, but they go anyway and meet Darius, a small dinosaur that tells strange tales, tales the unicorns cannot ignore, for they soon come true, and the creatures that walk on two feet (humans) arrive in the valley, bringing greed, torture, and death with them, threatening to wipe out the entire unicorn herd. I don’t want to give anything away, just let me say that Suzanne de Montigny has written a story that will have you laughing, crying, and falling in love with not only the unicorns, especially Azaria, but with the little dinosaur Darius, also, whom they’d best heed his warnings. I found myself wishing I wasn’t a human at times, for the cruelty the human Ishmael shows to the unicorns, who only want to live in peace.

THE SHADOW OF THE UNICORN would make a great addition to school libraries and classrooms to show how greed and choices a person makes, whether right or wrong, affect those who make the decisions as well as others. This is the first book in a series, so be on the lookout for book number two. I’m watching for it.

###
Available from MuseItUp Publishing
And other places where eBooks are sold.
Happy Reading
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful surprise to have a review posted by you! I'm truly honoured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have written a lovely story, Suzanne, and I enjoyed reading about the unicorns and their struggles. Congrats on your award, too. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Beverly! It sounds like a wonderful story - one I could really see as a Disney movie. Wishing Suzanne huge success! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cover. Sounds like a great book too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't thought of a movie, Lexa, but you're right. It would make a great one. (I watch the Disney channel on TV a lot.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a fascinating story, Kelly, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a wonderful read. I have a great love for unicorns and since I got my computer degree back when my cousin T-Rex roamed, you know I have one for them too. (When I was teaching my kids LOVED when it came time for us to dive into learning about dinosaurs.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! Very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks everyone! A Disney movie? What a dream! But as a trilogy perhaps? At any rate, I've been writing up a storm this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. Love your humor, Lin. Dinosaurs and unicorns are fascinating creatures. I guess they'll always be popular for writers and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, Antje. It is a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good, Suzanne. Your fans are waiting for the next adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree,Ciara. Sure makes a person want to look inside. :)

    ReplyDelete