Monday, July 15, 2013

TEX, THE WITCH BOY Review

Hello, Monday. I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. Today, I'd like to share one of the latest books I've read with you, a YA Paranormal Thriller.

 
TEX, THE WITCH BOY
 
by Stuart R. West
 
 
 
Doesn't the cover just say, "Read Me?"
 
My Review
 
 

Guys are not witches. Guys are warlocks or wizards. Aren’t they? Well, if you’re Richard “Tex” McKenna, you take after your mother and are a witch, even though you’re a guy. So what does a fellow do when he learns the truth about himself?

In Author Stuart R. West’s YA Novel, TEX, THE WITCH BOY, fifteen-year-old Tex has to deal not only with his heritage from his mother, who recently died, but with the football bullies in his school as well. When one of the bullies is found murdered, Tex becomes a suspect. To learn the truth about who killed the boy, Tex needs more help than his father can provide so he consults Mickey, a friend of his late mother’s, who is also a witch. I’m not going to give away the plot, but a lot happens in this story. Add Olivia, the girl who likes Tex, and my favorite character, a couple more dead boys, and you have a mystery that Tex and his friends must solve before more victims are discovered. When Tex conjures up a spell to identify the guilty party, things go haywire, and he wishes he’d let well enough alone.

TEX, THE WITCH BOY is a fast action story that will keep you guessing who the bad guy(s) are. I kind of suspected, but wasn’t sure until the end. The characters are well developed, each with his/her own personality. The author has written a story about family, friends, bullies, and what happens when bullying goes too far and ruins the lives of others. Recommended for tweens, teens, parents, and teachers, both the bullied and the bullies, who might just see the harm they’re doing and how it affects them all.
###

Pick up a copy at MuseItUp Publishing.
Or Amazon
Or other stores where eBooks are sold 




Happy Reading.

16 comments:

  1. You know, I never thought about it before but I do think of witches as females. Hmmm... How'd that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mysteries plus I like the fact that the author mixes it up by making a guy a witch. Fun idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review and yes, the cover does say 'read me'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the awesome review, Bev! Yep, I tried to mix it up and subvert expectations. "Tex" is one of the unlikeliest heroes around, I think (well, I hope). Book #2: Tex And The Gangs Of Suburbia comes out next week. This book deals with high school violence and introduces my fave character yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the review. It sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the story, Suzanne. The characters sure keep it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean, Sheri. I hadn't either until I read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It did keep me guessing, Lexa, and Tex is a likable character, both boy and witch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're welcome, Stuart. Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's a neat story, Janet. Some really interesting characters.

    ReplyDelete