Friday, July 19, 2013

MEET ACE HANSEN, CREATOR OF OUTRAGEOUS FICTION FOR KIDS

Do I have a treat for you today? You bet. You're about to meet  Ace Hansen and ... well, that's all I'm saying right now. So give a hardy welcome to Ace. (Clap, clap.)


I'M ACE! MS. BEVERLY ASKED ME SOME PRETTY PERSONAL QUESTIONS. I POLITELY ANSWERED THEM.
 


 
INTERVIEW WITH ACE HANSEN



 
Bev: Hi, Ace. Welcome to my blog. Please tell us about yourself and how you became a writer.
Ace: On my planet, there isn’t always a whole lot of action, so I traveled to Earth to observe your little ones for a spell. I found them gut-explodingly funny, so I decided to write a story to amuse them as a return of favor for the many laughs they’ve all given me.
 
Bev: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Ace: Who says I’m not still a child. Do I have wrinkles? ***runs to check in the nearest mirror*** Phew. When I was littler, I wanted to become a healer of chazacs and trobins—the most popular pets on my planet. But then I got bit by a vicious chazac and said, “Forget that!”
Bev: Twitter your newest release in 140 characters or less.
Ace: The world is farting green! Who will stop the green gas crisis?
 
Bev: How did you come up with the idea for your latest book and were there any glitches along the way?
Ace: When I first got to Earth, I saw a TV commercial where a grown human exhaled green breath. I found this very curious since on my planet, green gas comes out the other end. I soon discovered that Earthlings emit invisible gas and it got me wondering what would happen if one day you started farting green like us aliens. The only glitch happened when I discovered that some of you grown-up Earthlings don’t think it’s proper to talk about emissions and are offended by the use of the “f” word that most of you use to describe those emissions. I was shocked! But eventually I found some grown-up Earthlings who think green farts are funny and they decided to share my story with everyone on Earth. I love that group of grown-ups. ^_^
 
Bev: You’re shipwrecked on a deserted island. What character from a book other than yours would you want to be stranded there with you? Why?
Ace: Willy Wonka. Cause he’s got all kinds of fabulous candy!
 
Bev: If we peeked inside your closet, what would we see?
Ace: Gobs and gobs of empty gummy worm bags. It’s the saddest thing on Earth! Could you do something about that? Please!
 
Bev: Tell us your favorites:
Movie: Men in Black. Love the pug.
Actor: ET. I’m so in love. Dreamiest hands. Don’t you think?
Actress: Sigourney Weaver, ‘cause she got rid of that nasty Alien that was giving the rest of us a bad name.
Book: Aliens on Vacation by Clete Barrett Smith cause I met him and he’s cool, and well, I’m all about going on vacation!
Singer or Group: Sting.I’m an alien. I’m a legal alien. . .” ***dances around the room***
 
Coffee or tea?
Ace: Caterpillar juice
 
Bev: Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter?
Ace: Summer in Death Valley, California. People, your planet is COLD!!! And you complain about global warming. Sheesh!
 
Bev: If you could have super powers what would you wish for?
Ace: The power to make all you Earthlings laugh and smile more.
 
Bev: If you could choose to live in another time, would you prefer the past or the future?
Ace: Future. You all have some catching up to do.
 
Bev: Are you working on any new books now? Tell us about them.
Ace: As soon as I get my time travel machine up and working again, I’ll be able to research the story I’m eager to write next.
 
Bev: Where can your fans learn more about you?
 
Website: http://www.acehansenmg.com
Blog: http://yascribe.blogspot.com
Twitter:@AceHansenMG or @AngelinaCHansen
 
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7132925.Ace_Hansen
 
 
 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AceHansenMG
 
 

 
Bev: Would you like to share anything else with your fans?
Ace: Not my gummy worms, if that’s what you’re asking. But my eccentric host, Angelina Hansen, is giving them away on her blog if you get there before July 26th.
 
http://yascribe.blogspot.com/2013/07/lets-celebrate-little-green-buddys.html
 
Bev: Thank you, Ace, for taking time out of your busy day to visit with us. Stop by anytime.
Ace: Tomorrow?
 
 Tomorrow sounds great.
 
 
HERE'S THE BOOK!
 
 

 
From the Back Cover at MuseItUp Publishing.
 
When a mysterious green gas crisis breaks wind, the Global Air Group (GAG) offers a million-dollar prize to the first person to discover the cause. Julius Caesar Brown dreams of winning the cash so he can pay off Jake the Snake, the blackmailing bully who threatens to ruin his chances with the cutest girl in fifth grade. But Julius can barely pass a math test, let alone solve an international scientific mystery. What he needs is money. Fast. His mom volunteers him to help the Zombie Lady. Yeah. The crazy woman down the street who every kid knows eats boys’ brains. But Miss Crabtree’s no zombie. And winning the million-dollar prize may not be as far-fetched as Julius once thought.
 
 
Bio: Ace Hansen doesn’t pass green gas. The author grew up in a household of boys and knows all about deadly stinkers, tree houses, and scary neighbors.
Ace enjoys all kinds of creepy things and has been known to devour entire bags of worms* while writing outrageous fiction.
*Gummy, of course. What were you thinking?
If you'd like to learn more about Ace (of course you do!) you can find him on:
Ace Hansen's Website
Twitter
Facebook
If you'd like to purchase JULIUS CAESAR BROWN AND THE GREEN GAS MYSTERY it's available as an ebook now and is coming in print Fall 2013:
MuseItUp
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

 
 



12 comments:

  1. Ace sounds like a great character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the interview and everything about Ace! I think the ideas a re hysterical, and I know kids will love it. Wishing Ace a great stay on Earth and a bunch of book sales! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ace thanks all of you for your kind comments. He's too busy gorging himself on gummies to do much else today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ace, you are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything you said, Lexa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell Ace he'd better watch his figure, Angelina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I held my stomach laughing! Green gas farting--what every kid will relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! C Lee. Yep. Kids will love it. I should get a copy for my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete