Monday, May 6, 2013

IOWA PARK CRAFT SHOW

Quote for the week:  Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.  Virgil A Kraft.

Spring has been having a hard time arriving in our area. Winter just doesn't want to leave. I think, though, that spring has won. Our garden maybe now will grow.

Recently, I participated in my town's Hop into Spring Craft Show.The show was very successful raising over $ 1200 for the library to purchase new materials: new books and movies. Here I am, enjoying the festivities.


Here's what the nice librarian wrote about me.

Beverly McClure is a writer. She has nine published books for children, teens and young adults. One of the latest books is an e-book, ghost story named “A Pirate, a Blockade Runner, and a Cat”. Beverly is a retired teacher, and used to teach 2nd and 5th grades here, in Iowa Park. She started writing magazine articles about 20 years ago, and her stories were based on what had happened in her class. Now she enjoys writing books ‘full time” and most of them are fiction. If you have read or heard of Chicken Soup for the Soul series, Beverly McClure has her story “Traveler” published in one of them, Chicken Soup for the Soul “What I Learned from the Dog”, 101 Stories about Life, Love and Lessons. Everybody who bought her books during the show also got a chance to have them autographed by the author.
 
Have a super week. Happy Reading

8 comments:

  1. Look at you with all your books! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Isn't writing fun? Who would have thought it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared this lovely picture. Your signing table is quite impressive and you look lovely.

    Very nice mention of your ebook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Katja. I hope I didn't break the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see libraries succeed. I love the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, Kim. Libraries are a writer's best friend.

    ReplyDelete