Tuesday, May 28, 2013

BEWARE OF THE WHITE VIRTUAL TOUR

Today I have the pleasure of interviewing Author Kai Strand for her virtual tour of her latest book, BEWARE OF THE WHITE.


Bev: Hi, Kai. Welcome to my blog. Please tell us about yourself and how you became a writer.

Kai: I am a wife, mother of four, pizza fanatic and Mozart fangirl. I started writing out of necessity. The need to build my own world and the need to create stories that would appeal to my reluctant reader son.

Bev: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
 
Kai: NOT a children’s writer. My best friend wanted to write children’s stories. I thought that was stupid. Boy, do I feel sheepish.

Bev: Twitter your newest release in 140 characters or less.

Kai: Natures Spirits, the Underworld and the death tribe. When death is your business can you be defeated? BEWARE OF THE WHITE #mg by @KaiStrand

Bev: How did you come up with the idea for your latest book and were there any glitches along the way?

Kai: I shared the inspiration behind the book on Mayra Calvani’s blog earlier in my blog tour. Were there glitches? Oh my goodness, yes. It was my first novel and therefore very rough! I’ve been refining this story on and off for nine years. I’m thrilled to be able to share the final product with the world.

Bev:   You’re shipwrecked on a deserted island. What character from a book other than yours would you want to be stranded there with you? Why?

Kai: Bartimeaus, the djinn from Jonathan Stroud’s Bartimeaus trilogy. He is one of the funniest characters I’ve ever read and he’s magic. So when I finally tired of him, I could wish us home again.

Bev: If we peeked inside your closet, what would we see?

Kai: A lot of out-of-style clothing. An overflowing hamper and tons of Partylite products from a million years ago when I used to be a consultant.

Bev: Tell us your favorite:

Movie – Phantom of the Opera – Waaaah :’(

Actor – Probably Johnny Depp because he is so versatile or Chris Hemsworth because he is so beautiful. I love him as Thor.

Book – Impossible to pick.

 Coffee or tea?

 Kai: Nine times out of ten it will be coffee. But then that tenth time…nothing beats a good cup of tea.

 Bev:  If you could have super powers what would you wish for?

 Kai:  In Beware of the White, Terra can split into two and literally be in two places at one time. That would be so handy. Especially when the school bell rings at the end of the day.

 Bev: Are you working on any new books now? Tell us about them.

Kai: My next book to release is King of Bad in July. Oh my goodness, that is just around the corner. King of Bad is a young adult novel filled with teen super villains. Really it doesn’t get any more fun than that!

I’m finishing up edits on the second book in the super villain series, as well as finishing the first draft of a young adult that I like to say is a cross between National Treasure and Wuthering Heights.

Bev:  Where can your fans learn more about you?






Bev: Would you like to share anything else with your fans?

Kai: I encourage your readers to visit me on the remaining stops of my book tour. Not only do I have three fabulous book related prize packages up for grabs on my site, I’m also doing SPONTANEOUS GIVEAWAYS from random stops on the tour, but only virtual stalkers will be able to take advantage of all the fun.

Tour Schedule and Prize Packages Giveaway can be found HERE: http://kaistrand.blogspot.com/2013/05/launch-of-beware-of-white-by-kai-strand.html

Bev: Thank you, Kai, for taking time out of your busy day to visit with us.  Stop by anytime.

Thank you, Beverly, for hosting me and letting me talk about my new book.

 About the book

 

As is tradition, Terra learns on the Saturday past her twelfth birthday that she is a Natures Spirit. It is her legacy to serve in the peaceful underground city of Concord. Learning she is named in a prophecy and being threatened by the leader of the death tribe…that part breaks tradition.

 The Trepidus are the death janitors of the Underworld, responsible for delivering fatalities with a smile and cleaning up after themselves until Blanco, recent leader of the Trepidus, decides the day of reckoning for his species is coming. He begins organizing the creatures and leads them toward an uprising. The prophecy says there is one person who can stop him. Terra.

 With Spirit of Security, Frank, protecting her, Terra attempts to complete her training and discover her Spirit talents. Together, they go on a rogue investigation to learn how to defeat Blanco. In the end, it comes down to a battle of the minds. The future of Concord is at stake. Will Blanco, the older, more experienced being win? Or will Terra, the young, new Spirit earn back the peace of the city?

 Buy It:





Or look for it on iTunes

 About the author

 

Kai Strand writes fiction for kids and teens. Her debut novel, The Weaver, was a finalist in the 2012 EPIC eBook Awards. She is a (very lucky) wife and the mother of four amazing kids. The most common sound in her household is laughter. The second most common is, "Do your dishes!" She and her family hike, geocache, and canoe in beautiful Central Oregon, where they call home.

 To find out more about Kai’s books, download companion documents, find links to her published short stories and discover all the places to find Kai both virtually and in person, visit her website: www.kaistrand.com. She loves to hear from readers, so feel free to send her an email or visit her facebook page, Kai Strand, Author.

###
And let me add, you're in for a treat when you read BEWARE OF THE WHITE.

Happy Reading.

9 comments:

  1. Beverly,

    I'm truly appreciative of your letting me share my book news with your readers. Thanks for asking such fun questions!

    Readers, be sure to enter the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great answers, Kai. Your book is on my iPad. When my life calms down, I'll be reading it. Congratulations and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! I love Phantom of the Opera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of out of style clothing in your closet? That IS a brave confession! Good luck with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to see an author who's worked so many years finally see her masterpiece come to fruition. And what a beautiful reason - that she did it for her son.
    Congrats to Kai! Great interview! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, I saw the broadway cast (with Michael Crawford!) perform it in Los Angeles. Cried all the way home.

    Catherine, it isn't brave so much as pathetic *wink*

    Aw, thanks Lexa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and fun interview. Thank you and good luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone, for stopping by and supporting Kai. She has written an interesting story that will keep you turning pages.

    ReplyDelete