Friday, February 15, 2013

FRIDAY FIRSTS

Another Friday. Where did the week go? So today, for Friday Firsts, what is the first book you remember reading or having read to you?

Maybe too many years have passed or maybe my memory is faulty, but I can't recall my parents reading to me or the first book I read. The only clue I have to my early reading is the card from Crockett School stating the books I read in first grade. The first book listed is We Look and See.

The first book I remember really loving is Gone With the Wind, and this was in high school. Then, I wasn't a reader. Too many other things occupied my time. Now, I read, read, read. Better late than never, they say.

How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I actually think I might remember reading Dick and Jane. But the first two books I was obsessed with were beautiful adaptions of The Little Mermaid and The Steadfast Tin Soldier. The covers had fascinating three dimensional images! When you rocked the Soldier book back and forth, the ballerinas leg would raise and lower. And I used to stare at the sea witch on the Mermaid cover for hours. The art inside was captivating. The stories heartbreaking. I lived with those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! The books sound lovely, Kai. What pleasant memories.

    ReplyDelete