Friday, December 21, 2012

COVER REVEAL

At last! The day has arrived. The cover reveal of my forthcoming YA/TWEEN paranormal eBook, A PIRATE, A BLOCKADE RUNNER, AND A CAT. TaDa! Here it is.


The talented artist is Nika Dixon.
 
Blurb:
 
Thirteen-year-old Erik Burks’ life is falling apart. When he discovers a lace bra in the glove compartment of his dad’s car, his mom leaves his father and drags Erik from being king of the hill in Texas to the bottom of the pits in South Carolina. No Dad, no baseball, no friends, just Starry Knight (a girl who reads minds) and her equally weird brother, Stormy, the twins that live down the block.

Just when Erik thinks life can’t get any worse, while hanging out at the beach one evening, he and the twins notice lights radiating from the lighthouse. The only problem is the lighthouse was deactivated years ago. Stranger still, a ship materializes in the moonlit harbor. Curious, the twins and a reluctant Erik investigate and discover the ghost of a blockade runner, a phantom cat, and a pirate who prowls Charleston Harbor, all searching for rest.

A former nonbeliever in the existence of ghosts, Erik cannot deny the proof before him. And he has a revelation: The ghosts may be the answer to his desire to return home. Erik soon makes a deal with the ghosts. He’ll help them find what they’re looking for so their spirits can rest in peace. In return, the ghosts will scare Erik’s mother so she’ll be on the next flight back to Texas. Star thinks his plan stinks, but Erik wants his life back, even at the cost of his mother’s sanity.

###

Release Date: Jan. 4, 2013

Pre-Order at MuseItUp Bookstore: 20 % discount

It's available for all kinds of eReaders.

Thank you for letting me share my good news.

Happy Reading



16 comments:

  1. This is awesome! It has just the right amount of mystery and is so eye catching. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, would you like to be a guest on my blogsite closer to release date? I would love to help launch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too. :) Will send you an eBook as soon as I have them. It won't be in print for a while.

    And yes, I'd love to be a guest on your blog. Thanks. Let me know what you'd like me to do. Guest post. Character interview. My "boy" book.

    Thanks again. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Really looks great. And I can't wait to read the entire book! Congrats, Bev. You are so close to release date! That's the day my son graduates from boot camp, so it's a big day in my world as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Rena and Denny. It was fun to write. I like ghost characters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, a day for celebrations then, Kai. Congratulations to your son. How proud of him you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Beverly! It looks great. What a nice present for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Kelly. One of the best presents I can think of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a great book! Congratulations on getting it e-published. Like the cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Janet. My characters were fun to write about. And I like ghosts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover's awesome Beverly - CONGRATS!

    ♥ Merry Christmas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS, Beverly! Great cover. Let me know when the book is out. I'll have to have you be a guest on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great, Susanne! I'd love to be a guest on your blog. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete