Monday, November 26, 2012

HAVE YOU DONE YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING?

I love putting up Christmas decorations, even now though our children are grown and away. The tree is my very favorite. Once upon a time we always went to the tree lot and bought a live tree. The fresh scent of the evergreen added to the Christmas spirit. Now, I put up an artificial tree, but miss the "real" thing. I don't miss cleaning up the dropped needles if the tree was decorated too early, which I usually did.

My favorite memory of decorating a tree was in 2006 when all the grandkids and great grandkids were here and they hung the decorations on the tree. The lower branches were heavy with angels and mice, horses and cowboys. The upper branches were a little bare, except for the angel that I put on the top. The tree was beautiful because of the little hands that worked their magic turning it into a special tree.

Do you have a special memory of your favorite tree? If so, please share with us. Thanks.

Also, if you have young children you're shopping for, may I suggest my book TUMBLEWEED CHRISTMAS?

Christmas is the time for miracles, but sometimes a child must make her own miracle and one for her siblings. An early reader.

Available at the publisher: 4rv publishing , Amazon , and Barnes and Noble.

If you know children that love animals, they might enjoy my picture book FRANKIE'S PERFECT HOME, for ages 4-8.



Frankie Armadillo has too many brothers. His burrow is too crowded, so he sets off in search of the perfect home, just for him. But every place he likes is already occupied, sometimes by fierce looking creatures.. Will Frankie find the perfect home?

Available at the publisher: Guardian Angel Publishing , Amazon , and Barnes and Noble.

Books make great stocking stuffers.

Have a super week.

Happy shopping.


8 comments:

  1. A special memory for me is my mom's favorite ornaments, her birds. They were beautifully adorned with feathers, most attached to the tree with a clamp. She waited until we were finished with all the other ornaments and then she carefully placed each bird so that they looked like they'd alighted there on their own. I haven't thought about the birds in years. Thanks for stoking my memory, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love birds, Kai. The tree sounds gorgeous. What a beautiful memory. I can visualize the tree with birds of all colors perched on the branches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got home from Christmas shopping. I still have one more trip before I'm finished. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathize with you, Kelly. Our kids live so far away I'm just going to send gift certificates or checks because I don't have a clue what they have or would like. Makes it easy on the shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you get excited by the holiday, Beverly. But then I figured you'd be that kind of person--full of a joyful spirit.

    Glad you have seasonal books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind words, CLee. I do enjoy the holidays. I take after my mother. She was big on every special occasion.

    Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you well know, Beverly, your Tumbleweed Christmas is on my holiday reading list each year. It is a favorite that will be shared with my grandson.

    Merry Christmas, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me so happy, Ruthi. You're such a great friend. I hope your grandson likes Tumbleweed. Wishing a Merry Christmas for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete