Wednesday, October 3, 2012

THE NEXT BIG THING HOP

I've been tagged by the talented C. Lee McKenzie for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. We're going to hop from blog to blog to discover exciting books we might not have heard about or that are still WIPs. This is Week 15. So, let's get started.

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book?
Life on Hold

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I read an newspaper article about a couple in high school that had a baby, and the girl’s parents made her give the baby up for adoption.

What genre does your book fall under?
YA Contemporary

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I have no idea. Would have to study the young actors today.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A paper found; a secret revealed; a girl’s life changed forever.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Life on Hold is published by 4 RV Publishing, LLC, a traditional Indie publisher.

 
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I write very slow and tend to edit as I go along, so it took at least a year. Then I edited it some more.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Good question. I don’t know.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
True stories like this happening every day to young people inspired me to write the story.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Besides Myra wanting to find her real father, she also has a sweet romance with a boy her parents disapprove of.

Now, I'm tagging 4 great authors. (One had another commitment.)Take a look at their blogs on Oct. 10 to see what they're writing or have published.


Donna M. McDine

Susanne Drazic

Wanda Snow Porter

Marva Dasef

Happy Reading.
 



21 comments:

  1. I'm a slow writer, too! It's so hard to push myself forward when I see all these things in the previous sections that I want to improve.

    I love the mystery in your one sentence synopsis. It has me wondering what your MC found, and how it affects her. Those family ties can be so complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Beverly! Thanks for tagging me. I look forward to sharing about a WIP in next weeks post.

    Your book sounds interesting and is on my TBR book list. Great one-sentence synopsis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Nickie. I know what you mean. It's difficult to continue with out fixing the things that need correction. Guess it's the former English teacher in me.:)

    Thanks. I hope the sentence does intrigue readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great. I look forward to hearing about your WIP, Susanne. You're always so busy tallking about other writers' stories, you seldom mention your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev, you always write the best taglines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent start to this branch of the hop. Good to read about your latest book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really tough subject matter. I couldn't pick any young actors or actresses either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Darby. They come eventually with blood, sweat, and tears, in other words, not easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Marva. Looking forward to seeing your post on the 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, that's on the 10th, Marva. My brain has taken a holiday. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,L Diane. I'm just not up to date with the young actors today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this book! I'm so glad you're spotlighting it. I wish I new the current young actors well enough to cast your main characters for you. It's fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Kai. I'm happy you liked my book. When I get time I may go through teen magazines to see who might be good characters. It is fun to do that and dream of a book being made into a movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a relevant story - - - - great one line synopsis. They're not easy! I am a slow writer as well. I look forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Janet. Even though we're slow, we get there eventually. :)

    I hope you enjoy the book. Thanks for stopping y.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your book sounds great, Beverly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific interview. I enjoyed learning about your latest book. Love the cover! Best wishes for your continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Donna. Aidana did another awesome cover. She captures the characters just right.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your book sounds fabulous. I'm so glad there are writers like you who are brave and talented enough to take on tougher issues facing some teens today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Shaunda. When I read the artile in the newspaper about the high school couple finding their child, I figured this story happened quite often and would make a great novel. With changes, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete