Monday, October 8, 2012

MORE PUZZLES TO CHALLENGE YOUR BRAIN

Quote for the week:  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston S. Churchill

Today I have another puzzle book for you. Wouldn't these make great gifts for friends and family that have an eReader? Here are my thoughts:

 
 
PUZZLEBOOK 104 PUZZLE QUIZZES, (Review)
By The Grabarchuk Puzzles Family

When I was a kid, we played card games like Old Maid, or board games like Monopoly. We also played outside: tag, baseball, jacks. My dad and his friends got together once a week for a game of dominoes. And we, young and old alike, had such fun. Imagine what we would have thought about games like The Grabarchuk Family produces. Well, it’s never too late to learn something new.
The Grabarchuk Family has done it again. In PUZZLEBOOK 104 PUZZLE QUIZZES, they take you through brand new original creations that will challenge your brain to stop being lazy and to think. You study the puzzle (sometimes for a long time, at least for me), click what you believe is the correct answer, and find out if you’re right or wrong. Like the other books I’ve read in the series, there are puzzles for all skill levels, from beginners up to experts. I haven‘t reached the 5 star level, yet, and perhaps not even the 4 star, but I’m working on it. When my answer is wrong (it happens) all I have to do is press the back to puzzle button and I get another chance. Easy instructions at the beginning of the book explain how to play the games. I started at the beginning and worked my way through. I’m still puzzling over some of the more complicated puzzles, but will never give up. The “City View” puzzle is a tough one. If you’re sports oriented, there are soccer, billiards, and chess puzzles.
When I’ve finished playing the games, my brain feels refreshed and happier at my successes, like your body does after a nice long walk or exercise session. PUZZLEBOOK 104 PUZZLE QUIZZES is available as an eBook. What a fun way to spend a chilly fall afternoon or evening. So what are you waiting for? Put your brain to work.
EBook Courtesy of the authors
###


Happy Reading

4 comments:

  1. I love puzzles, mazes, games, and things like that. This book sounds great! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Lexa. I was never much for puzzles until I started doing these. They are a challenge. At first I did horrible. I'm improving though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kelly, something else to keepme from writing. :)

    ReplyDelete