Friday, October 19, 2012

DEER TO MY HEART

Those of you that know me, know I love animals, and deer are one of my favorite creatures, along with horses, birds, butterflies, and ... I could go on forever. I have a night camera set up on our fence and this is one of the shots it took in August.

 
 
Isn't he beautiful. If only I could pen him up until deer season is over. Even though I hated to read when I was a kid, Bambi was one of my favorite stories. I still have a tape of the movie. How could anyone harm such a lovely animal? We have three or four doe that sometimes stop by for a snack I leave out for them every night. So, hunters, please stay away from my address. You don't want to see a grandma cry now, do you?
 
Have a nice weekend. Happy reading.

10 comments:

  1. Nice looking buck. We still have a copy of Bambi in our movie collection. Just might have to pull it out and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone were to give guns to the deer that would certainly even the odds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Susanne. I like to watch Bambi every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I'd certainly give these deer a gun, Diane, if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a family of deer that live in our backyard. I love talking to them everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great, Kelly. They are lovely animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, Beverly, how cute is he?! It's great you live in a place where you have deer ambling up to your door. Nature's so beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so right, Lexa. I love watching the wildlife. We used to have more than we do now: qual, raccoons, armadillos, and rabbits, even a bobcat or two. They're slowly vanishing. I guess too many people are moving to the country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great picture! There are lots of deer out here, too.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Jess. I think deer are so pretty. Not looking forward to hunting season.

    ReplyDelete