Friday, July 13, 2012

FRIDAY THE 13TH AND AWARDS

I'm way behind on posting, but today seems like the perfect day to announce the wonderful awards I've recently received.

My dear friend and awesome author, C . Lee McKenzie has honored me with the following:



Don't you just love that "for those who refuse to live in the real world?" I like to escape into my characters' world.

Now I'm supposed to list my 5 favorite books. There are so many this is impossible. I like different books for different reasons. My favorite of all times, however, is Gone With The Wind.

C. Lee also honored me with the Fabulous Blog Ribbon.



I'm to list 5 Fabulous Moments.

1. Graduation from high school and college.
2. Marriage.
3. Birth of each of my sons.
4. Birth of each of my grandchildren and great-grands.
5. When my first book was published.

5 Things I Love

1. My family
2. My God
3. A good book
4. Spring showers
5. Birds, butterflies, and most of God's creatures

5 Things I Dislike

1. Mosquitoes, flies, and scorpions
2. Arguments
3. People that harm children and animals
4. Wild fires and tornadoes
5. Sad stories

5 People Who I Want to Share These  Awards With


Also the talented and dear friend Kelly Hashway was so kind as to give me these awards. (I must be doing something right to receive all this recognition.) :)


And this one:



I'm to tell you 7 things about myself. If these are repeats, remember, with age your brain cells deteriorate and you can't always remember what you said. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1. I was born at home, instead of in the hospital.
2. I was a majorette in jr. high and high school.
3. I taught in elementary school for 22 years.
4. Taking photographs of wildlife, wildflowers, and clouds is one of my favorite things to do.

5. In my genealogy research I discovered some interesting ancestors.
6. To relax I play the piano, and Patches (cat) runs and hides.
7. I've been married for 55 years.

Now you know more about me than you ever wanted to know. Thank you, C. Lee and Kelly for being such dear friends and fabulous authors.

Have a safe Friday the 13th and a happy weekend.











18 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, thanks for the nomination. What a lovely way to start my day. I can see why you earned so many awards for your own blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Penny,

    You do so much for other writers, including me, I wanted to show my appreciation. Am enjoying the Christmas in July posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the awards. I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! And here I've been bopping around cheery and thinking all's right in the world. It's Friday the 13th!

    Guess that shows how much we can believe in that superstition, right?

    Great to read your answers, Bev. Glad so many awards are raining down on you. You are doing a lot of right things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the awards, Kelly. Perhaps it's best you didn't know it was Friday the 13th. It's almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! The only superstitions I have, C. Lee, are that I won't walk under a ladder and if a black cat crosses my path, I'll go another direction. Thanks for the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beverly,

    What a lovely surprise! Thank you for the wonderful award...I appreciate our friendship and thoughtfulness.

    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!

    Warmest regards,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beverly, thank you for adding a bit o' fun to Friday the 13th! What fun to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is always so interesting and informative, Donna. I enjoy visiting you.

    Hope your Sunday has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, Ruth, soon I'll have no secrets. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Beverly, yes, I hate arguments too! I'm impressed that you were a teacher for so very long. I love teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Beverly! Thank you for the awards. I'm trying to play catch-up on my blog reading before the temp gets to about 100 today. My laptop doesn't like running very well in the heat. : (

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the blog awards and thanks for sharing so many details of your life. They were really fun to read. The most interesting for me was that you were born at home. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved teaching too, Catherine, and sometimes I miss it. Times have changed so much though. All the testing and paperwork would drive me crazier, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you learn how to "catch up" Susanne, please let me know. I never do. I also understand about the temperatures. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! Being born at home really dates me, Lexa. I feel for my poor mother. It must have been tough.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on all of the blog awards! It's always fun to learn a little more about my fellow bloggers. Kudos to you for teaching for 22 years. That is commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Nickie. I enjoyed my teaching career. Retirement is good too.

    Yes, I have few secrets left. :)

    ReplyDelete