Monday, May 21, 2012

Eric Hoffer Awards

Quote for the Week:  The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. C. S. Lewis

I have a bit of good news today. We, as authors, work on our stories, brainstorm them, write them, revise them, revise them, revise them ... you know what I'm saying. And when the book is finally out there for people to read, we cross our fingers that someone will like it. Now, contests mean different things to different people. Some don't care for them; others can take them or leave them; others think they're great. All I can say is placing in a contest sure does feel good to me. It makes those months and years of writing, crying and wanting to give up worth every smile and tear. And now for my news .

My YA Historical Novel, Caves, Cannons, and Crinolines, is an Honor Book in the 2012 Eric Hoffer Awards, Young Adult Category. They even have a short review of the book here. I am honored to be honored. This is the second award for Caves. It also was a Finalist in the 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards, Novella Category.


Thanks for letting me share my news with you.

Have a super week.

Happy Reading.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a well deserved honor, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kai. I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Beverly! Wow, that is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fabulous! I'm very excited for you, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Diane. Yes, I was surprised and pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! That's amazing, Beverly. I hope you are celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You bet I am, Kelly. I'm smiling while watching the Texas Rangers getting beat. (On my computer, not in Seattle.) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Beverly! Huge congrats on the Eric Hoffer honor. I'm so thrilled for you. It's great to know you're reaching so many people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your books rock and Caves is one of my favorites! Bravo, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Darby, for always being there to cheer me on. I'm so glad you signed on with TT and we met.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Beverly, that is AWESOME news. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Susanne. Thank you. I thought it was pretty awesome. My certificate arrived today.

    ReplyDelete