Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Children's Book Week

May 7-13, 2012


Children's Book Week is the national celebration of books and reading for youth.
Established in 1919, Children's Book Week is the longest-running literacy initiative in the country. Each year, books for young people and the joy of reading are feted for a full week with author and illustrator appearances, storytelling, parties, and other book-related events at schools, libraries, bookstores, museums, and homes from coast to coast!
Administered by Every Child A Reader
and sponsored by the Children's Book Council
Children's Book Week celebrates the transformative power of literacy.
###

Have you done anything special to celebrate this week? I'm going to donate a couple of my latest books to the library.

Happy Reading

8 comments:

  1. I'm participating in a week long blog hop with several other Guardian Angel Publishing authors. On my blog, I'm focusing on the importance of children's literacy. Hope you and your readers stop by. We have GIVEAWAYS! http://kaistrand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've stopped by a couple of them and signed up. Enjoyed your post yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming up to 100 years. That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I wrote a short piece on Murice Sendak for Hunger Mountain. He was such a special children's book writer, wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was, Lee. Would love to read your article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beverly,

    I've been participating with fellow GAP authors with two contests. Details www.donna-mcdine.blogspot.com

    Best regards,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Donna, I've visited two or three of them. Can't resist a good contest. :) Some great posts too.

    ReplyDelete