Monday, February 20, 2012

THE DIG Review

Quote for the week:  The best thing to hold on to in life ... is each other. Audrey Hepburn

Lately I've read a few books about gods and goddesses. Here's another one that I really enjoyed.

THE DIG: Zoe and Zeus

by Audrey Hart





The Review:




Most people’s lives are fairly routine: school, work, entertainment, family. Even if we’re a bit of a rebel and like to break the rules, there is a pattern to each day. But what if our world suddenly changes? What if we meet unusual creatures and find ourselves in another time, another place? I don’t know about you, but I’d want to get back home, to my life. Of course this would be after I freaked out and went a little crazy at first.

In Audrey Hart’s debut novel, The Dig: Zoe and Zeus, Zoe, the misfit at school, spends the summer with her aunt and uncle, geologists, in Greece, where they discover an ancient temple that promises an exciting summer for Zoe. Little does she know just how weird the next few weeks will be. The first clue is a seven-foot-tall iPhone leaning against the wall of a mystery room in the temple. And that’s just the beginning. Zoe’s summer is one to write about, if anyone would believe her. She learns a lot about herself and also about the gorgeous guy she calls “Blondie,” as he calls her “Curly.” You’ll have to read the book to find out why. Floods, tornadoes, fires, and the gods that live on Mount Olympus challenge Zoe as she faces each obstacle, sometimes with courage, other times with doubt and fear.

If you like Greek Mythology, I think you’ll enjoy Audrey Hart’s novel. Humor, romance, danger, and likeable characters make The Dig an interesting story. This book is the first of a trilogy. Mythology stories are new to me, and I’m really enjoying learning about the gods and goddesses. I’m looking forward to reading the next installment.

eBook courtesy of the author and BackLit Fiction

###

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mythology- so this sounds like a book I will love. I enjoyed your review and have added it to my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fairday,
    This is a neat story, the first of a trilogy I think. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete