Friday, January 27, 2012

What Was I Thinking?

Last summer, when the temperature was 100 degrees plus day after day, a little gray cat came into my life. I didn't want him. I had Patches, my calico, that appeared on the patio six years ago. She was sweet and I loved her. No more cats. They were trouble. They were expensive (vet bills and food).

Well, little gray had other ideas. He stayed on the patio except during the heat of the day when he went to the barn for the shade. He was so skinny, I started feeding him. He wouldn't hang around for long, I thought, and I couldn't watch him starve.

One thing led to another and before I knew it, Tiger, yes I named him, was in the house. Over the years we've taken in many throw away cats, but Tiger is one of the sweetest cats to own us. He's also sick. Visits to the vet, a strict diet, and lots of love I hope will cure him. Patches is less than friendly, and he just puts up with her. Maybe they'll be friends one day.

I don't know why, but I just needed to write about Tiger today. Here he is:



I wonder what his story is.

Have a nice weekend.

Happy Reading and Writing.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, he's simply beautiful! I have a thing for tabbies. I hope he gets well soon. It's hard seeing our kitties not feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rena. He is so sweet. I'm really afraid that something serious is wrong with him. Back to the vet next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, cats are great, aren't they? I had a tiger cat named Carl for almost 23 years. He seemed almost human.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Catherine. I had a Persian for 21 years that was like a child. This little Tiger I don't know if he'll be all right or not. I'm doing what I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Tiger. Let us know about the vet visit, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Darby. I'm keeping Tiger on a strict diet right now that I found on the Internet and the vet said it was okay. He also sold me some food he said would be good. Haven't tried it yet. Crossing my fingers. Tiger's keeping the chicken and rice down, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Tiger gets better soon. I'm not a cat person, buy my son and his wife own three! they just recently acquired the third one, because a friend of theirs had to get rid of it and my daughter has a soft heart and didn't want it to go to the animal shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Janet. I'm an old softie too, the reason we have cats and have had dogs in the past. I can't let them starve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww. He's so cute. It's funny how cats have a way of working their way into a person's life. Hope Patches learns to like him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bev. For some reason I can't always post comments to your blog!!!! This post has finally let me in to say hello and thank you for your review of Princess of Las Pulgas.

    I'll try to post again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They sure do, Susanne. Tiger's sleeping now. I'm really concerned about him. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi C Lee. You're welcome. I really loved the story and then I understood the inscription you wrote in my copy. :)

    Blogger is so contrary sometimes. I get tired of having to sign in everytime I post or comment. Hope it works out for you next time.

    ReplyDelete