Monday, September 12, 2011

Reading Time

Happy Monday, All.

This past week, I read Frankie's Perfect Home to three groups of children. Two of them were at the Wichita Falls Public Library for their story time. The other reading was at Hastings Books, Music, and Videos. Now, I planned to take pictures, lots of pictures. Yes, I did. I took my camera. Ready. Well, I got a few, but most of the time I simply forgot. Anyhow, here's what I have, not showing the little ones too much, of course, for their protection.


The librarian has a really neat program. Besides reading to the kids she made a cowboy. The theme of the day was Texas, to go along with my armadillo story.


Even the duck liked to hear about Frankie.


A couple of the girls decided to look at the felt armadillos on the bulletin board. The librarian had a cute program where she used armadillos to work with the kids on their colors and numbers.

At Hastings, one bright little boy looked at the book and said he never saw a blue armadillo. I laughed and said "Neither have I." So we talked about what color they really are.

The children loved the animal finger puppets I gave each of them. Unfortunately I couldn't find armadillos for them, but they liked the mixture of lions, tigers bears, etc.

I had a wonderful time. Hope the wee ones did too.

Have a nice week.
Happy reading and writing.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for posting the few pics you did have taken. I always have my camera with me and, like you did, I often forget to use it. Sounds like the events were so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delight it is to seeing you reading to the little ones - more pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kai. I did have a good time even though the children were few in number. I also forgot to show the librarian how to zoom in on the subject so they're all kind of far away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was fun,Darby. Dealing with 3-5 year olds is a lot different than talking to teens.

    I'm going to get better at the taking pictures thingy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your wonderful time with the kids. Isn't it just wonderful to spend time with them and sharing the love of books!

    Best regards,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me, that's what it's all about, Donna. Showing kids that reading is fun as well as educational. I think it's great that the parents take time from their busy days to bring their children to story time.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a good time, Susanne. The kids, though few in number, were precious.

    ReplyDelete