Monday, September 19, 2011

Ahoy, Mateys.

Quote of the week: Be faithful in small things ... because it is in them that your strength lies. Mother Teresa

The quote has nothing to with the following:

It's talk like a pirate day today. (Everyone keeps telling me.) I should have know, since I wrote a pirate story. The manuscript I'm shopping around has ghost pirates, and I've done a bit of research on these scurvy dogs. It is a lot of fun to talk like a pirate. For more  useless err useful information about International Pirate Day, go  here.




Enjoy the day, lads and lasses.

6 comments:

  1. I've been playing Peter Pan with my four-year-old today and been doing a splendid Mr. Smee--but i didn't even know it was talk like a pirate day! How fitting....:)
    And I love the quote. my daughter's middle name is Teresa after Mother Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be psychic. :)

    Teresa is a lovely name. Mother Teresa was a lovely woman and saint. I'm sure your daughter is lovely too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avast or something like that. Besides Ahoy and Matey, Avast is the only pirate word I know.

    Thanks for the fun, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. That's about my vocabulary too, C Lee. I did learn a few words for my Pirate story. It's really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh,man, I can't believe I missed Talk Like A Pirate Day! Stupid job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, no problem, Darby. You can talk like a pirate any time you want to. Writers are supposed to be eccnetric, aren't they? :)

    You mean none of your students knew about it? Mmm. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete