Friday, August 5, 2011

CPSIA Testing Requirements

From my eMail Publishers Weekly newsletter. Good news for publishers. On Monday, both the House and Senate passed an amendment to CPSIA that exempts “ordinary” children’s books, along with a few other classes of products (e.g., all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles), from the law’s testing provisions. See details at Publishers Weekly.

Rest easy now, everyone. If the President signs the bill then all's cool. Wish I could say the same about the temperature. This, too, shall pass.

Remember the snow in the winter.
Yeah, it was almost as tall as the 4-foot high fence. The dog walked right over it to eat the biscuits I'd thrown out for the birds. I hated the snow then. Today, I'd bury myself in it and enjoy the coolness. Next winter I probably won't say that.

Have a nice weekend.
Happy reading and writing.



4 comments:

  1. I know some publishers who experienced mental meltdowns when they announced lead testing required on all children's products! Glad they've decided to exclude books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some were very worried because it would be a big expense that small publishers cannont afford. Now everyone can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Eliot quote a lot! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcomme, Joe. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete