Friday, July 22, 2011

May I Share My Happiness With You?

In spite of the broiling weather and dried up ponds and no baby fawns that I've seen, I have many things to be thankful for. My family, my nice cool house, and friends, both Online and in person. Today, I'm happy to share the latest with you. Here's a picture of the medal for being a finalist in the 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards. It's heavy enough to put a crick in the neck, if I wore it for long. The brochure is the one they made and distributed at BEA this year. It contains all the Winners and Finalists.


A reminder too: My contest for a signed copy of Caves, Cannons, and Crinolines ends on July 29. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment and tell if you ever wore a crinoline or hoop skirt and what it was like. Also, if you have a copy of Caves and want a sticker for the cover just let me know where to send it.

Have a nice weekend. I'm determined to finish polishing my Orphan Train story and send it back to the publisher. This story is dear to my heart.

Happy Reading and Writing.

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! I've never worn a hoop skirt, but I always thought it would be fun. Whenever I think of them, I think of the Disney cartoon of the couple iceskating (it might be included in Fantasia) where all the layers of her hoopskirt fly up and then fall down one by one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I am thankful for a cool house, too. It's 100 degrees right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoopskirts will do that, Rena. The one I wore to the high school dance (what was I thinking?) flew up every time I sat down. Had to stand most of the evening. The petticoat I ordered for my signings is just a crinoline, without the hoop. Learned my lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, L. Diane, we've had over 30 days of 100 plus temps. Predicted for today: 105. It will be fall someday I keep reminding myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award, Bev. That sticker sure looks good on the cover of CCC! How exciting that the brochure was distributed at BEA.

    I had the same experience with a hoop. You sit and your skirt is in your face and the room gets quite a show! There is an art to a successful sitting, I think. You know I own Caves, (and LOVE it) so you don't have to add me to the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! You'd be the center of attention for sure. I wonder how Scarlett did it. Mmm. Need to watch the movie again and see.

    Thanks for the kind words about Caves. Appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome! Where do I leave my comment to enter the contest? I've worn a crimonline. It was not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth. You left your comment here so you're entered. :) I keep thinking about those poor women with their crinolines in 100 degree weather. Miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats for the indie awards! Yes, I am grateful to be able to writer in my air-conditioned studio. It's was about 113 degrees in NYC yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Bev, thanks for sharing the pic of the medal and sticker! I'm so happy for you.

    And we don't have air conditioning in our house here in Colorado. And it is 92 today. But, yeah, it's a dry heat. It got down to 53 last night, however.

    Again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sympathize with you, Catherine. Our temps have been running 105-106 for over 30 days. No break in sight. We're setting all kinds of records, not good ones either. Sound like you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Darby.

    We used to vacation in the mountains of New Mexico and most places had no air conditioners. It was lovely. Would love to spend the rest of the summer there.

    You're lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS, Beverly! Thanks for sharing your happiness.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Susanne. I've been enjoying Christmas in July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beverly, WOW! Congratulations! And an actual medal!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete