Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Life on Hold

This month has been a whirlwind of activity. So much is happening I'm in a daze. Well, that's nothing new for me, since my head is usually in the clouds. I am enjoying every blessed moment. Here it is, the cover for my forthcoming YA novel, Life on Hold, from 4RV Publishing, LLC. Aidana WillowRaven is the talented illustrator. She also did the cover for Just Breeze.


Isn't it gorgeous?
Aidana always captures the mood of the story.


And, I also now have 100 followers. YAY. Thank you all. I've been thinking about having a contest this month for the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War and so I'm going to combine the two. Check back on Friday for details.

Now I must read the manuscript for final approval and then it's off to layout and printing. Isn't the publishing world exciting?


Happy Reading and Writing.

  

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new, beautiful cover, Bev. I love this story and can't wait to see it's final version. Good luck getting through your crazy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thanks to you, Kai, and my wonderful Crit friends for helping me with this story.

    I'll get through it and enjoy the trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Bev. The cover is lovely. This business is indeed a wild ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, Beverly. The typeface is interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rebecca. Aidana does fantastic work. The business is that, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Catherine. It took a couple of tries to get the letters the way the publisher wanted them. These relate to the girl's feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the book and the followers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! The cover looks great. Wow you are such a busy lady. Good luck with final edits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cover. Can't wait to read it. CONGRATS on your 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Kelly. You know, it's funny. For weeks and months, nothing happened. I waited. Then everything came at once. The picture book. The YA. And the polishing of the MG that I'm also working on.

    Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Susanne. I'm enjoying your Christmas in July too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Bev, I'm so happy for you! The whirl of activity around all your books is so exciting! Love the cover, love your new picture book, and congrats on your 100th follower. Wheeeeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Darby. I'm spinning my wheels trying to catch up. Guess I'll have to postpone the 100 followers though. One went away. There's only 99 now. :(

    ReplyDelete