Saturday, July 2, 2011

Frankie is Here

July is starting out to be an awesome month. A lot of good things are happening in my world. I hope in your world too.

First, Frankie is here. The very nice UPS man delivered copies  and they are gorgeous.
Even Patches is excited. She's probably wondering what that armadillo is doing in the house.
I'm going to start a new blog for my pb and early readers. Trying to think of a good name. Any ideas are welcome.


Second, I have a change of schedule to announce. On Monday, July 4, Lizzie from Caves, Cannons, and Crinolines will be visiting Darby Karchut's blog. Stop by Darby's place to see what Lizzie has to say. We thank you.

Third, don't forget Tuesday, July 5, when I'll be at Susanne Drazic's Christmas in July. I'll be talking about the difference in writing contemporary and historical fiction. There will be prizes too.

Fourth, since 2011 is the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War, a sad time for our country, I'm having a contest this month. Details to follow.

And last, have a nice rest of the weekend.

Happy reading and writing.

10 comments:

  1. I really love this photo! Patches staring down at the book is priceless. Congrats, Bev! I'm so happy we are officially sister Angels! And boy, you sound busy. Enjoy your 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patches has every reason to be excited. Congratulations. Will look for you on Darby's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kai. Patches is quite a cat. She keeps us entertained, for sure. I love being an Angel. :) GAP does such lovely books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, c lee. Great. You'll get to meet Lizzie over at Darby's. See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverly, the books look awesome! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear more about this cute book.

    Patches definitely looks like she is deep in thought. My cat, Rusty, wants to know why he hasn't made another appearance on my blog. Told him that since he wouldn't wear antlers for a Christmas in July photo, he's have to wait for another time. LOL.

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Our cats can be pushy sometimes, Susanne. Maybe Rusty will make a cute Santa.

    Thanks for your kind words.

    Happy 4th to you. It will be quiet around here tomorrow. Fireworks are banned because of the dry conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You won leaving paradise. Please email me at bethfred08(at)gmail.com so i can get it to you.

    Thanks,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Beth. I'm excited. Just emailed you my address.

    I love contests. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know which is more adorable: the cover of your newest book or your sweet Patches!

    I must get my cat, Heisenberg, in a blog post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thanks, Darby. Patches is quite the actress. Loves being the center of attention. What a great name: Heisenberg. Does it have a special meaning. I bet he'd love to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete