Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

To me, one of the nicest things about being a writer is the wonderful friends I've met along the way. The authors I know share with others, they encourage others, and they do the "happy dance" with you when there's good news. They also understand when the news is less than happy. Thanks to one of my dear friends and author, Darby Karchut, for the Stylish Blogger Award. Now, it is my pleasure to award it to seven wonderful bloggers.

1.  STRANDS OF THOUGHT

2.  THE CHILDREN'S AND TEEN'S BOOK CONNECTION

3. WRITE WHAT INSPIRES YOU

4.  PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

5.  ROMANCE UNDER THE MOONLIGHT

6.  TEEN FICTION AUTHOR

7.  ONE WRITER'S JOURNEY

Many others could be listed here, as well.







In keeping with tradition, here are seven things you might want to know about me.

1.  I was an actress: Sleeping Beauthy in summer camp when I was 10.

2.  My children were already born before I went to the university.

3.  I fell off a mountain and landed on my head.

4.  I've been married for 54 years.

5.  Elvis Presley was my idol and I was in his fan club.

6.  When I was in Jr. and Sr. high school I was a majorette with the band.

7.  For 22 years I taught in elementary school, from grades 2 - 5.

Your turn, Stylish  Bloggers, to tell us about your awesome selves.

Happy Reading and Writing.

19 comments:

  1. I stand and applaud the longevity of your marriage. Nicely done. I've been married for 19 years and it doesn't hold a candle to you. :)

    Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nineteen years is awesome, Sheri. You're to be congratulated too. May you have many more years of love and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, thank you for including my blog in your award list! I loved your list and learning some of your deep secrets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 54 years???? No way. That is great, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any marriage that can withstand for years and years deserves a round of applause. Congrats to the winnners of the stylish blog awards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is always so interesting, Penny, and you do so much to promote other authors.

    Yes, alas, I have no more secrets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, L. Diane. I can't believe it either. Where did the years go? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Larissa. It hasn't all been roses, but we survived. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the award ... and the long marriage - how wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Michelle. I don't know where the years went. I still feel young. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bev, first off, thank you for the award. I'm honored. You are such a lovely person and I'm so happy I call you friend.

    For some reason, I'm not surprised you were a majorette. I can completely picture you high stepping it.

    I bet your students loved you!

    54 years is amazing! Congrats. Like Sheri my husband & I celebrated 19 years in April. It's gone so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great blog, Kai.

    LOL. Yep, I was a high stepper, all right. Enjoyed every minute of it.

    I don't know whether my students loved me or not, but when I see one at the store or other places, they remember me. :)

    Congrats on your 19 years of marriage. That's marvelous. The years do fly past.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Beverly. Thank you for choosing to award my blog The Stylish Blogger Award. How wonderful to be married for 54 years. CONGRATS to you and your husband. My husband and I celebrated 20 years in April.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 54 years! Holy guacamole- that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your congrats, Bev! :-)
    hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, Susanne. Congratulations to you. Twenty years is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, Darby. I can't believe it either. Guacamole sounds yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're welcome, Mayra. Well deserved. Hugs back at ya.

    ReplyDelete