Friday, May 6, 2011

From Student to Teacher to Writer

For twenty-two years I taught in the public schools, everything from second grade to fifth grade. Those years were so much fun as well as a lot of work. Today, almost everywhere I go I meet former students. Recently I attended a book signing by one of my students who is now a mother and author. Her book is Single Woman Seeks Perfect Man, Facing the Consequences of Unhealthy Relationships, by Dani Miser.

Publisher: Deep River Books

ISBN: 1-935265-27-X
ISBN: 978-1-93265-27-6

2010, Soft Cover, 207 pages

About the author:

When I knew Dani, she was a sweet fifth-grader. Then she grew up and became a lovely young woman. According to her bio from the back cover of her book, she and her husband started working with CARES, an apartment-based ministry. She partnered with churches to organize community outreach projects and did Bible studies. Her book encourages others in their relationships with Christ. She speaks on a regular basis.

Single Woman Seeks Perfect Man tells Dani's story as well as the stories of many other couples who have been helped through Dani and her husband's work. She also quotes scripture to emphasize her message.

So if you know someone who is in a troubleing relationship, this is the book for them.

(My copy is signed by the author.) It is so nice to see the children I once taught succeed in the grown-up world.

Happy Reading and Writing.

13 comments:

  1. That is so special, Bev. I bet it does feels really great to see her succeed.

    Oh and while I'm here, Happy Mother's Day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kai. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    And she recognized me before I said anything. I hope that means I don't look a lot older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a former teacher, I can relate. It's always a pleasure to know a former student is doing well. of my former students has her own photography business now. She's quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Elizabeth. I especially love it when one of my "problem" students turns out to be successful and happy in life too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to be able to attend the book signing of one of your former students. Her book sounds interesting.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was exciting to see her again after so many years,Susanne. It would be a good book for young people going through a difficult relationship and seeing how they can know for sure what God's plan is for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev, what a gift to see former students, especially one who "followed" you into the writing business! Cool beans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is exciting, Darby. As a teacher you know how much you want all your students to succeed and how good it makes you feel when they do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gratifying it must be to see one of your students signing her books away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is, Ruthie. She's a lovely young lady with a family and doing work to help other women.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! As the author of the book and former student of Ms. Mc Clure, I shall have to let you all know that this was indeed a jewel to have stumbled upon today! Thank you so much for your kindness! God is so good! I have just started blogging myself; feel free to visit www.GetALifeMinistries.blogspot.com Thanks for encouraging me today as I continue to encourage others in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! As the author of the book and former student of Ms. Mc Clure, I shall have to let you all know that this was indeed a jewel to have stumbled upon today! Thank you so much for your kindness! God is so good! I have just started blogging myself; feel free to visit www.GetALifeMinistries.blogspot.com Thanks for encouraging me today as I continue to encourage others in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Dani. So nice of you to stop by and leave a comment. Now my friends can meet you and visit with you on your blog to learn more about you and your work.

    I wish the best for you and notice you're going a lot of places and having many workshops. I'd love to attend one, but the times haven't worked out. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete