Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards

My email brought me the best news this morning. The second nice thing that's happened to me this week. And I really needed my spirits lifted cause 2011 has been a rough year so far. Caves, Cannons, and Crinolines has been named a Finalist in the Novella category of the 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards. At first I thought there was a mistake. I entered the teen division. The letter went on to explain that they sometimes put a book in a different category if they feel it fits there better. My book is short, so I'm happy. I don't have all the details yet, will post again when I know more. It will be published at the site Indie Book Awards with the other Finalists and Winners in the next few weeks. It will also be listed in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards catalog, distributed at Book Expo America later this month.

Now I can breathe.

Have an awesome week, friends.

20 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's amazing news, Beverly! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly. I appreciate your support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!! Great news, Bev. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fabulous news!! Doing the happy dance for ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Kai. Thanks. It was a surprise, a pleasant one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you dance quite nicely, Tabitha. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm basking, Catherine. I'm basking. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting!!! Congratulations on such wonderful news.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Michelle. I appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. woot - that's awesome!! I hope you celebrated in style last night. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Jessie. You bet I celebrated in style. Went to bed and dreamed about hundres of sales for my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huzzah for you, Bev! Keep us posted on the result. Many, many congratulations - your book is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so sweet, Darby. Thanks for your continued support. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, wonderful news. CONGRATS, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your continued support, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Darby. The publishing world is an exciting merry-go-round as I imagine you're discovering. Thanks for always being there. :)

    ReplyDelete