Monday, April 25, 2011

More Good Reads

Quote of the Week:  We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. Dr. Seuss

Recently, I've read a couple of books I'd like to share with you. I think you'll enjoy them too.

if i stay

Gayle Forman

Penguin Young Readers

Papercover

ISBN:  978-0-14-241543-6

YA, 272 pages

I really enjoyed this book. It's sad, it's beautiful, it makes a person stop and think and be grateful for what you have. From the back cover:

Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her.

I won't say any more, except this is one of those books that will stay with you for a long time.

Another book I just finished:

White Cat, the Curse Workers #1

Holly Black

Simon & Schuster Children's Publisher

Hardcover

ISBN:  978-1-4169-6396-7

YA, 320 pages


This story is quite different than if i stay. It's the tale of a family of curse workers that can change a person's emotions, their memories, their luck, simply by touching them. They're criminals because curse work is illegal.

Cassell tries to be "normal" but his dreams, his brothers' weird behavior, and secrets send Cassell in search of the truth. This story contains a lot of twists and turns that kept me reading.

So here you have some additional reads for your leisurely summer.
Enjoy. Happy Reading.

8 comments:

  1. I've had If I Stay on my tbr list forever. I'll get to it one of these days. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it, Kai. Now I want to read the sequel. It's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Beverly. I don't think I had ever heard of that Dr. Seuss quote before today. He has so many interesting, funny, thought provoking quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Susanne. Dr. Seuss is so much fun to read. I think he's partly responsible for me becoming a reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read White Cat last week. May have to pick up Red Glovers sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, Darby. Books just keep coming out that are must reads. I just downloaded Starcrossed from NetGalley that sounds good. What an addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover of If I Stay.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a lovely book, Mayra. Can't wait to read the sequel that's just out.

    ReplyDelete