Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes when life looks the darkest God shines a light to remind us we are not alone. He recently showed me that He's still around. As I was driving down the highway a couple days ago, I saw them ... bluebonnets. There aren't very many. We've had no rain. We're something like 8 inches below normal for this time of year. The grass and fields are dry. Usually bluebonnets are thick along the roadways by now. But these few, scattered amongst the still brown grass, were a reminder that God is in control. From the soil he brings flowers to brighten our world. I was so excited to see the flowers, God's way of telling me He's watching over us.

Now, I'm watching for the Indian paintbrush that turn our fields into a carpet of red and yellow. There may be only a few, but those few will be beautiful.

Today I'm thankful for our beautiful world.

  These flowers are from another year.

Happy reading and writing.

6 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful world. Thanks for sharing, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet, Darby. I'm glad we met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty picture. Enjoying the hints of spring yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, Susanne. We sure need some rain.

    ReplyDelete