Friday, February 25, 2011

Read an E-Book Week, March 6-12th

The following is from the Read an E-Book Week site.


E-BOOKS TURN 40! That's right - it's been forty years since Michael S. Hart created the first "e-book". With the advent of e-books, e-book libraries were needed. Enter Mr. Hart, once again, with Project Gutenberg.

"... in just the six days from Chrismas to a little before New Year's Eve Project Gutenberg gave away ONE MILLION eBooks in less than 140 hours. . .from just one site, and there were hundreds, if not thousands, of sites handing out Gutenberg's eBooks ..."

Many publishers will be offering free give-aways of their books so check out the Read an E-Book site for more information. Twilight Times Books is offering free books at Twilight Times. Now's your chance to stock up on some great reads. Among them are:

Behold the Eyes of Light - Geoff Geauterre
Darrell Bain's World of Books - Darrell Bain
How I Wrote My First Book: the story behind the story - Anne K. Edwards and Lida E. Quillen, Editors (My story is here.)
Jerome and the Seraph - Robina Williams
Literary Sampler - Mayra Calvani, Aaron Paul Lazar and Anne K. Edwards
No Place for Gods - Gerald Mills
Striking Back from Down Under - Dr. Bob Rich
The Last to Fall - Anne K. Edwards
Tremolo: cry of the loon - Aaron Paul Lazar
Who is Margaret?  What is She? and Other Stories - Celia A. Leaman.

Several of Twilight Times titles will also be available at a 50 % discount from OmniLit during the week of March 6-12. All of TT books are available at a 20 % discount from Barnes & Noble. So the week of March 6 to 12 is a good time to add some great E-Books to your list. I just haven't decided which ones I want the most. Working on it.

Have a nice weekend. Happy reading and writing.




6 comments:

  1. I'm astounded that the first ebook was 40 years ago! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Kai. I hadn't realized they'd been around that long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I participated the last two years, but didn't get my act together in time for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things sneak up on me, too, L. Diane. There's too much happening. Can't keep up. Lida sent an e-mail on this, or I wouldn't have known about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info, I will go check it out. I can't believe that the first ebook was 40 yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised, too, Janet. They're almost as old as I am. Hahaha. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete