Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Debut Author's Challenge



I'm signing up for this fun challenge at The Story Siren's blog. Below are listed the debut books I'll read in 2011. It's possible I will read more. If you're interested in joining the fun you can learn more at The Story Siren.

Griffin Rising - Darby Karchut

Dogsled Dreams - Terry Lynn Johnson

Haven - Kristi Cook

Choker - Elizabeth Woods

Possession - Elena Johnson

Never Sit Down in a Hoopskirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle - Cricket Rumley

Wither - Lauren DeStefano

Darkness Becomes Her -  Kelly Keaton

Ten Miles Past Normal - Frances O'Roark Dowell

How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend - Gary Ghislain

Dark Inside - Jeyn Roberts

Mercy Lily - Lisa Albert

And more.

Happy Reading.

11 comments:

  1. Bev, thanks for putting Griffin on your list! Now you can check it off, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've already read ARCs of Griffin Rising and Choker, so probably will add more later. I have several eGalleys from the S&S Galley Grab program. Pretty cool. I read them on my computer in PDF. All they request is a short review. A couple are downloaded for after I finish others that aren't debut books.

    (Right now, Griffin's my favorite.)

    I'm so glad you chose TT for your publisher, otherwise we probably wouldn't have met. Then who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me add, I just noticed the rules say the books have to be read between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31. I read Choker during this time, but Griffin was earlier. Wonder if I could read a print copy and count it. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev, let me know if you would like me to pop a review copy in the mail to you. I should have them in a few weeks or less

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for adding Mercy Lily, Beverly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be great, Darby. I planned to read the print copy anyhow. Would it be signed? :)

    Then I could count it. You're so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lisa. I remember when you were working on it, maybe from Live Journal or somewhere else. (?) It sounded so interesting. I'm happy for you that it's now published and look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun challenge, Beverly. Have fun reading the books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will, Susanne. If only I can find the time. I figure one book a month I can do, of course I'm reading others not debut novels too. Life is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for joining the challenge! happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to reading some great books. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete