Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More Fantastic Books

This lovely Wednesday day, the second day of winter, I'd like to share some more great reads with you. They're perfect for those cold, snowy days where you just want to sit in front of the fire and live in a dream world.


Griffin Rising is Darby Karchut's debut novel. It's about a guardian angel named Griffin, and if you're like me, you'll fall in love with the sixteen year old, as if he were your own son. The bad news is the book won't be out until June 2011, but go ahead and add it to your list because you'll definitely want to read it. I promise. The good news is there will be another book about Griffin and another.


Beautiful Darkness, by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl is "beautiful." It continues the story of Lena Duchannes and Ethan Ware and the small town of Gatlin, "where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen." (From the book jacket.) A real page turner.

Add Becca Fitzpatrick's Crescendo to the list, and I've read some great stories this fall. This book is about Nora Grey, the heroine we met in Hush, Hush, and her life with her guardian angel, Patch, who is quite different to the guardian angel in Griffin Rising.

Merry  Christmas

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about these books. They all sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susanne. Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed reading all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Griffin's Rising sounds like a splendid series!

    Here's a Merry Christmas giveaway for you:
    Let My Spirit Live

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good first book and I'm sure the others will be just as good. I love anything with angels and Darby has made her angels very special.

    Thanks for the giveaway. I entered. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaccckkkk! Bev, I'm so sorry! I just remembered I was going to leave you a thank you message for your sweet words about my book. I guess I still have holiday brain.

    Anyway, thank you, friend, for your review and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. I hear you. I've been deleting old emails, some dating back to 2009 and ran across a slideshow that Aidana made for Just Breeze. It's on the post I added today. A little late, someday maybe I'll catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete