Friday, December 17, 2010

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS

If my former teachers could see me now they'd probably think they were dreaming. Why? Because I'm reading. Lots of books. And I'm enjoying every page I turn. So here are my latest reads.

From Simon & Schuster's Galley Grab Program I've just finihsed Choker, by Elizabeth Woods. "What if the only friend you could trust turned out to be dangerous? A new thriller from debut author Elizabeth Woods."





The one I'm reading now is Evercrossed, by Elizabeth Chandler. I was so excited to see this forthcoming book. It continues the Kissed by an Angel series that is one of my favorites.
These two eGalleys are due out in 2011, but in the S&S program you read them in PDF or on a Sony eReader. A great way to see the books before they're published.

A few days ago I ordered L. M. Preston's The Pack for my iPad. It's about a girl named Shamira, an outcast, who is on a mission. I'm just learning how to use the iPad, but it's going to be such fun once I catch on. Books, books, books.





And I'm 3/4 of the way through a book I won recently, The Emerald Tablet, by P. J. Hoover. "When Benjamin Holt sees his mom disappear into a pinprick of light, he shouldn't be surprised. His life is already weird..."

What are you reading?

14 comments:

  1. These all sound good! I like the cover of the Emerald Tablet. I'm reading about three books at once. Am having a problem trying to boil down which books I'll take with me to China! I want to take about five of them. but that is totally impractical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me, Catherine. I want to read them all, so I read from one then another then another. There are a couple more I'll be listing next week.

    China, huh? One of our granddaughters taught in China a couple of years ago. She loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the cover of Encrossed. That's beautiful! And may I say I'm jealous you have an iPad? And LM's book is on your list! You just got me excited about these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a gorgeous cover, Kelly, and Chandler's books are so good. The iPad is my birthday and Christmas present, and I'm tickled to have it. Next week I have a couple more books to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LM's book is a fun read! I just finished "Nicholas Dane" and having nightmares from it. Now reading "One Hundred Cupboards."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two books I'm not familiar with, Darby. Must check them out. Don't know whether I want to have nightmares or not though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the covers on the first two. They grabbed my attention and I wanted to learn more about the books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. M_37_em_AThey are really good reads, in my opinion. This Galley Grab program is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read the book fallen and torment both by lauren kate. THEY SO SO JUICY GOODDDD!!!! LOVE EM SO MUCH!! lol anyway, the encrossed book you said.... Isn't that alot like fallen? It seams to be about angelic hot guys... :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hailee. Fallen and Torment are both on my TBR. Evercrossed is about hot angel guys. Since I haven't read Fallen I don't know if they're alike, but could be. The Kissed by an Angel series is so good, I'm glad the author is continuing it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Girl, I'm Gabriela and live in Brazil. Can you post Encrossed for download in PDF hier or in my Blogg? Thank you and I'm sorry , but I don't speak English.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Gabriela from Brazil. Nice to meet you. I wish I could download you a copy of Evercrossed, but the PDF versions are protected in some way by the publisher. In fact, once the book is published, the PDF expires, and I don't even have a copy. If you're interested you might join the Simon and Schuster Galley Grab program, where you can read lots of Advanced Review Copies before the books are out.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Girl, What the price of the book ? Who can I get it you say ? My Messenger is gabrielaroberta.inacio@hotmail.com add Me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can purchase the books on Amazon or Barnes and Nobel online. Or you might check the book stores. Hope you find a copy. Your library might have one.

    ReplyDelete